Ooooooo, Ta very much

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Morning all, 

I trust you all are well.

I slept excellently last night , best night in ages, which is always good news.  

So I arrived at work and find my payslip in my pigeon hole, opened it and had to rub my eyes. 

Pay rise , what ?  eh ?

Whats happening here ? backdated to April ?

Am I dreaming ?  no its real.  

Thanks very much whoever is responsible . 

That and a couple of nice looking women have matched me on dating sites .   Must be the blue hair and the new suit pictures that have done it.

Oh and my fibre broadband is up and running tomorrow .

Its beginning to look like a good weekend . 

TWS

Dax H 24 Sep 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Sounds like a cracking start to the day, knew your fortunes would turn eventually. 

girlymonkey 24 Sep 2020

Is the sun shining too? I hope so, that always makes for another positive for the day!

Happy times indeed 😊. Nice one

Ridge 24 Sep 2020

Have a brilliant day TWS!

groovejunkie 24 Sep 2020
In reply to Ridge:

your post has started my day with a smile  

In reply to girlymonkey:

> Is the sun shining too? I hope so, that always makes for another positive for the day!

> Happy times indeed 😊. Nice one

Unfortunately not so far . Raining here,  but improving as far as I understand.  

skog 24 Sep 2020

Well that's cheered me up.

I hope things keep going well for you, you deserve it 

ThunderCat 24 Sep 2020

Great start to the weekend!

The pay thing reminded me of a magical day in my first ever real job.  Working on the pizza / deli counter in Asda and I'd been getting absolutely battered on an emergency tax (already on a pretty low hourly wage).  This is back in the days when you got your wages physically handed to you in a little brown envelope through a glass window.

I got my envelope and noticed straight away that it was a lot thicker and heavier than usual....took it into a cubicle in the gents and prised it open...I'd finally been put on the right tax code and had rebate of about 9 months worth of excess tax.  It was probably the most money I'd ever held in my hand.  Magical

Enjoy your pay rise mate - make sure you spend it completely irresponsibly and reward yourself.

Oceanrower 24 Sep 2020

So, so pleased for you TWS.

Hmm. Ladies like the blue hair do they? Might have tried that myself if I had any hair left...

In reply to Oceanrower:

> So, so pleased for you TWS.

> Hmm. Ladies like the blue hair do they? Might have tried that myself if I had any hair left...

They seem to be more interested for sure.

Maybe it screams confidence , or serves as a talking point and ice breaker perhaps

I've now got 4 matches since yesterday 2 today and 2 yesterday.

2 replied so far rather than the usual un-match or ignore .

You could always go for a blue skin.   You could say your Andorian.

The Trekkie's might really love that. 

Blue Straggler 24 Sep 2020
In reply to Oceanrower:

You could go for the Dr Manhattan look

Tigger 24 Sep 2020

I had a friend who went to a party as a Smurf... the stuff she used didn't wash off easily and she was really fair skinned anyway. So she still had a blue hue a couple of days later during a job interview! Though I think she did get it. 

Good to hear thing are on the up.

In reply to Blue Straggler:

> You could go for the Dr Manhattan look

I always wanted to go to fancy dress as him.  With some really small pants on too.

LastBoyScout 24 Sep 2020
In reply to Tigger:

> I had a friend who went to a party as a Smurf... the stuff she used didn't wash off easily and she was really fair skinned anyway. So she still had a blue hue a couple of days later during a job interview! Though I think she did get it. 

I was working in a nightclub when we had a staff fancy dress night - I went dressed as the genie from Aladdin, as the Disney film had just come out.

Spent the evening being asked which Smurf I was by all the pissed-up customers!

Fozzy 24 Sep 2020
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> I was working in a nightclub when we had a staff fancy dress night - I went dressed as the genie from Aladdin, as the Disney film had just come out.

> Spent the evening being asked which Smurf I was by all the pissed-up customers!

I went out at uni painted green & in ripped shorts/T-shirt, intending to be the Incredible Hulk. A girl I was chatting to at the bar complimented me on my Shrek outfit; I chose to move onto spirits at that point. 

Back to the OP; have a cracking weekend, hope you make the most of it. 

BusyLizzie 24 Sep 2020

Hurrah, great to hear you smiling!

Blue Straggler 24 Sep 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

>  I chose to move onto spirits at that point. 

An incredible sulk 🤣

bouldery bits 24 Sep 2020

Sick.

So sick.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...