No protection for food standards in trade deals

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toerag 13 Oct 2020

According to Twitter "Government just voted with majority of 53 to strip amendment 16 from #AgricultureBill, which would have safeguarded food standards in trade deals - demonstrating beyond doubt that their promises are totally utterly & completely worthless - even when enshrined in their manifesto".

I wonder what the next promise to be broken is?

In reply to Toerag:

My guess is it’s the fishermen under the bus (? boat) as a last minute concession in the Brexit talks. 

they can’t say they weren’t warned. 

Doug 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Toerag:

> I wonder what the next promise to be broken is?

Maybe https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/13/brexit-mps-reject-adopting... ?

In reply to Toerag:

> According to Twitter "Government just voted with majority of 53 to strip amendment 16 from #AgricultureBill, which would have safeguarded food standards in trade deals - demonstrating beyond doubt that their promises are totally utterly & completely worthless - even when enshrined in their manifesto".

> I wonder what the next promise to be broken is?

Well I didn't vote for the tools.

What did people really expect. Welcome to the new world that's going to be more f*cked than it was.....

In reply to Toerag:

Covid shambles is providing great cover for Brexit shambles, isn't it?

HardenClimber 14 Oct 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

I even wondered if the Covid announcement was held back till Monday to obscure some of the Trade / agriculture / food safety votes...

earlsdonwhu 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Toerag:

Gove in particular made clear statements about protecting standards but has again shown himself to be a slimy liar. What a  surprise! 

The Channel 4 Dispatches programme highlighted the dangers of US farming methods. Scary.

Cobra_Head 14 Oct 2020
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> Gove in particular made clear statements about protecting standards but has again shown himself to be a slimy liar. What a  surprise! 

> The Channel 4 Dispatches programme highlighted the dangers of US farming methods. Scary.

Notable for Liz Truss, telling us how Boris had said we'd be upholding our food standards and almost ridiculing the interviewer for asking such a brazen question.

There's a word for these lying two face c......nts

marsbar 14 Oct 2020
In reply to Toerag:

So "project fear" was actually project underestimate just how crap the whole mess would be. 

Getting rid of red tape, taking back control, money for the NHS on the side of a bus.  Lies and more lies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...