No more free movement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fozzy 01 Jul 2020

Thanks to a horribly gloating post from the gov’t on FB, I’m now aware that they’ve successfully voted to rescind free movement. 
Cue jubilant responses by Quitlings, none of them realising that all they’ve done is vastly restrict their own employment opportunities in future. Morons. 

dunc56 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

FB ?

Siward 01 Jul 2020
In reply to dunc56:

I can;t understand why anyone would get their news from Facebook!

dunc56 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Siward:

> I can;t understand why anyone would get their news from Facebook!

A moron ?

OP Fozzy 01 Jul 2020
In reply to dunc56:

OK, Boomer. 

dunc56 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

> OK, Boomer. 

Sigh.

Paulos 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

It's saddening to see how many people happily give up rights and freedoms for a sense of safety

DaveHK 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Paulos:

> It's saddening to see how many people happily give up rights and freedoms for a misplaced sense of safety

Fixed that.

ColdWill 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

Where is the vote function on this posts? Has the function ended or can you choose when you start the thread?

Harry Jarvis 01 Jul 2020
In reply to ColdWill:

> Where is the vote function on this posts? Has the function ended or can you choose when you start the thread?

I think the vote function is automatically disabled when a thread title has RIP in it. A clever idea when it's a genuine RIP thread in memory of someone's death. 

ColdWill 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Harry Jarvis:

Very good idea although who would use it on a RIP thread anyway?...

In reply to ColdWill:

Someone who liked a nice comment about the deceased...?

ColdWill 01 Jul 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

Fair one. I was thinking more fact/circumstance based post. 

Post edited at 10:13
 ColdWill 01 Jul 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

Ironically to me I now see that people have down voted the Tragic Accident in Rjukan thread. do they disapprove of accidents or are they just lacking emojis to use. Anyway this have turned into a thread hijack. Sorry Fozzy.

Removed User 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

Prey, do explain.

toad 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

Gloatingly retweeted by the Polish immigrant and mp for shrewsbury,  Daniel Cawczinsky

steve taylor 01 Jul 2020
In reply to toad:

lost for words...

steve taylor 01 Jul 2020
In reply to toad:

> Gloatingly retweeted by the Polish immigrant and mp for shrewsbury,  Daniel Cawczinsky

Clearly a man comfortable in his own sh!tty little world - you can't comment on his tweets unless he follows you. I wonder what his (Polish side of his) family think of him?

Ridge 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

> Cue jubilant responses by Quitlings, none of them realising that all they’ve done is vastly restrict their own employment opportunities in future. Morons. 

I don't think the average brexiter is likely to work in the EU, and those that are will have got their and their kids passports sorted.

Timmd 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Siward:

> I can;t understand why anyone would get their news from Facebook!

Somebody getting a piece of news from facebook, isn't quite the same as them getting their news from facebook...

Alyson30 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Ridge:

> I don't think the average brexiter is likely to work in the EU, and those that are will have got their and their kids passports sorted.

A lot of them don't realise that the end of free movement actually applies to them, and many will have a surprise.

In reply to Cobra_Head:

Absolutely brilliant. Made My day.

Robert Durran 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Hilarious. Thanks.

Timmd 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head: That's funny and it's tragic too. 

Edit: Tragic in their misapprehensions before voting. I came across a Polish woman in her late 30's making the most of Sheffield's universities, the cross pollenation between the UK and Europe and opportunities opened up being taken away from us is such a bad thing.

Post edited at 14:37
 NaCl 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

You have just won the thread.

Alyson30 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

> That's funny and it's tragic too. 

> Edit: Tragic in their misapprehensions before voting. I came across a Polish woman in her late 30's making the most of Sheffield's universities, the cross pollenation between the UK and Europe and opportunities opened up being taken away from us is such a bad thing.

I couldn't agree more.
The loss of accessibility and mobility of talent from Europe is going to be the biggest economic impact of Brexit by far and is, IMO, seriously underestimated.

Cobra_Head 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

> That's funny and it's tragic too. 

Of course it's tragic, people being so easily lead by others for their own benefit and prejudices.

The saddest part is there are probably many more like them, who will only, and it's only a possibility they'll take any responsibility, find out what they've done when it's too late.

They might well of course blames someone else, which seems to be par for the course.

Mr Lopez 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> This bloke is very typical, I'm sure.

Haha. That's too perfect to be true. That said, i know many people just like that. A few post in these forums

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...