No Covid in Swansea

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 knighty 08 Sep 2020

I travelled from Bristol to the other side of Swansea for work today and stopped off at the Swansea West services for a coffee. I was mightily relieved to see that covid isn't a thing in swansea; I was the only person I saw in the entire services that wore a mask. It wasn't hugely busy, but saw at least 20 other people.

It's not hard to see how outbreaks are starting to occur in Wales. The think that annoys me is that it's all blamed on the tourists! They can bloody keep it. I'm not going to be returning in a hurry.

Neil Williams 08 Sep 2020
In reply to knighty:

Wales seems to be doing rather better than England and Scotland on the rate of increase of cases...so maybe their other measures work better than masks?

Chris H 08 Sep 2020
In reply to knighty:

Masks aren't mandatory in shops in wales at the moment

Blue Straggler 08 Sep 2020
In reply to knighty:

One of the registration plate codes for Swansea is CV so anyone with a 19-plate car from that area must be having fun 

danieleaston 08 Sep 2020
In reply to knighty:

'Blamed on the tourists' - so who visits the Services then, the locals for a day out? Nope

In reply to knighty:

I work in tourism in Pembrokeshire and a lot of our guests travel from England, often walk into reception with face masks on, but once they realise no one else is wearing them they usually take them off. I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it is apparent how important government guidelines are. 

If government (England) says masks should be worn, I guess 60 - 70 %  go along with that, then another 25% go along with what the others are doing so they don't feel like they stand out. You end up with 95% wearing them.

Government in Wales say masks aren't mandatory so 60-70% don't wear them and the another 25% who feel like they probably ought to don't want to stand out, so they don't. Leaving only 5% who do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...