Nims live talk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MrToffee 05 Dec 2019

i love what Nims has done/ is doing for mountaineering but £72 per ticket to sit and listen to him tell a few tales is abit much dont you think? I’ve seen top bands do full shows for the same price as that 

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/a-night-of-untold-stories-with-nirmal-purja-...

profitofdoom 06 Dec 2019
In reply to MrToffee:

I wouldn't pay 72 quid myself. Sounds really steep to me 

john arran 06 Dec 2019
In reply to profitofdoom:

Might still see an avalanche of ticket sales though.

Tom Valentine 06 Dec 2019

And that's for a balcony seat. I assume it's members only in the stalls (and disabled)

Post edited at 08:06
 profitofdoom 06 Dec 2019
In reply to john arran:

> Might still see an avalanche of ticket sales though.

You'll need some protection sitting in the balcony. And I don't want to be taken in

Rob Parsons 06 Dec 2019
In reply to MrToffee:

I don't know him, and I respect both the organization and stamina beneath his recent achievement, but the quote on the ticket site that 'Nims Purja has firmly taken his seat next to the greats of the mountaineering world' is taking things a little too far.

stevieb 06 Dec 2019
In reply to MrToffee:

> i love what Nims has done/ is doing for mountaineering but £72 per ticket to sit and listen to him tell a few tales is abit much dont you think? I’ve seen top bands do full shows for the same price as that 

£72 for a rock band? You could see a full strength symphony orchestra for the same price as that

MrToffee 06 Dec 2019
In reply to stevieb:

haha! If thats your thing you probably could.

Im far from tight fisted when it comes to money but for someone to sit and talk he’s gone abit extreme on the prices. Id love to see it but its a no from me!

stevieb 06 Dec 2019
In reply to MrToffee:

It is a lot. I get annoyed at the cost of stand up comics for the same reason. £60 to see Micky Flanagan or Michael McIntyre. You could see a full production of Carmen for the same price. But I guess either way, you're getting 2 hours entertainment in a large theatre. 

DaveHK 06 Dec 2019
In reply to MrToffee:

People will go because of his mountaineering achievements but enjoyment of the evening will depend on his speaking ability.

I've been burned on that a few times.

MrToffee 06 Dec 2019

I’ll wait for his book ha

john arran 06 Dec 2019

> You'll need some protection sitting in the balcony. And I don't want to be taken in

I'm sure that if ticket sales fall the show will be axed, so I don't feel too exposed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...