Nigel Farage - Fortune & Freedom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 03 Nov 2020

No not a relaunch of Old Spice for the Brexit generation, or even his new political party. Nigel has gone in to financial advice.

Fortune & Freedom is a daily investment newsletter, fronted by Farage.

He isn't a fan of financial advisors and doesn't think you should be either, what he is a fan of is selling you high risk investments from South Bank Investment Research. It is all about gold, cryptocurrency, shorting the Euro and something about cancel culture.

Make a fortune and show just how free you are on the sunny uplands of our glorious Brexit future. What could possibly go wrong.

Rob Exile Ward 03 Nov 2020
In reply to The New NickB:

At last - a financial adviser I can trust! Where can I sign up?

dread-i 03 Nov 2020

Wasn't he a trader who specialized in copper? So not an unrelated field. And some of his backers are merchant bankers: Crispin Odey - hedge fund, Arron Banks -insurance, Peter Hargreaves - investments. So he does have the contacts.

However, I expect that he'll make his money by the trail fee, or similar. He'll get a cut of your £'s prior to it going into the investments. If it's like a hedge fund, he'll get money on the way in, and a percentage of the profit. However, hedge funds don't stump up if you make a loss. Funny that. I cant see Nige loosing here. I don't hold out the same hope for others.

Swig 03 Nov 2020
In reply to dread-i:

> ...some of his backers are merchant bankers

Indeed. 

Post edited at 10:13
 Blunderbuss 03 Nov 2020

You'd have to be a grade A mug to buy anything he recommended.......sadly there are plenty of these people in the country.

Andy Hardy 03 Nov 2020
In reply to Blunderbuss:

> You'd have to be a grade A mug to buy anything he recommended.......sadly there are plenty of these people in the country.

About 17 million of them

wercat 03 Nov 2020

He'd have been an opium capitalist in the grand old days

neilh 03 Nov 2020

Unreal.

Rob Exile Ward 03 Nov 2020
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Sadly due to his efforts most won't have very much to invest. 

GWA 03 Nov 2020

Farage was quite a successful non ferrous metals trader on the London Metal Exchange. 

neilh 03 Nov 2020
In reply to GWA:

He was but having looked at the website I would suggest that compounding is really nothing new and exciting. Its really old investment advice that has been around for a long time.

Mutton dressed as lamb imho.

Although I will give him 10/10 for one thing- having the large font on the website is extremely  clever marketing. It means that older people will read it. A trick that alot of people miss.

Post edited at 12:45
OP The New NickB 03 Nov 2020
In reply to GWA:

Information we all know, but of very little relevance to this venture.

Post edited at 12:58
 henwardian 03 Nov 2020
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> About 17 million of them

A fool and his money are soon parted

jethro kiernan 03 Nov 2020
In reply to henwardian:

> A fool and his money are soon parted

It would appear a fool and their vote are soon parted as well😕

birdie num num 03 Nov 2020

I’ve recently set up a highly profitable, self funding cat and rat farm scheme with exciting investment opportunities for any UCKers with (minimum) £50k sloshing around in a current account. Spread the word folks.

wercat 03 Nov 2020
In reply to birdie num num:

I'm fillin' me boots at the mere thought of it ...

coinneach 03 Nov 2020
In reply to wercat:

I’m filling me trousers!

freeflyer 03 Nov 2020
In reply to birdie num num:

Excellent. You could expand into dogs, and call yourself Jasper and Horace Ltd. I'm in.

earlsdonwhu 03 Nov 2020
In reply to GWA:

And there was me thinking Nige was a humble Jack the Lad pint supping type with the interest of the common man at heart. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...