News outlets, stop covering Trump and save lives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 26 Mar 2020

President Donald Trump said of the greatest public-health emergency in anyone’s lifetime: “I don’t think its going to end up being such a rough patch.”

Surely its become an act of Third Party Negligence, or some such wilful act of spreading stupidity, for any form of media to report on what this f*cking moron is spouting?

profitofdoom 26 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Lemming, I'm starting to think you don't like Trump???

jkarran 26 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Is the thread title a suggestion or an observation?

As I understand it some US TV media have already started cutting away from Trump when he contradicts his medical/science team.

jk

OP The Lemming 26 Mar 2020
In reply to jkarran:

I'd say both.

You have Trump give a Press Conference where he says what he wants and then as soon as the cameras are turned off, you have a subordinate try to correct errors/lies, reassure or perform Damage Limitation.

Its one thing to call another nation's leader a demeaning name such as Rocket-man, but to lie to your own nation about the pandemic rolling their way and that it will blow over by Easter is another. And media outlets are fuelling this misinformation. No need for Russian subversion, when Trump is doing it in real-time.

Bob Kemp 26 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I was interested to see that Fox News, whilst busy downplaying the coronavirus threat like crazy, have instructed staff to work from home when possible, and cut out live studio audiences.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2020-03-12/fox-ne...

jimtitt 26 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

> President Donald Trump said of the greatest public-health emergency in anyone’s lifetime: “I don’t think its going to end up being such a rough patch.”

> Surely its become an act of Third Party Negligence, or some such wilful act of spreading stupidity, for any form of media to report on what this f*cking moron is spouting?

Trump might be a buffon but probably knows that in his lifetime we've had a fair few pandemics which make Corona virus look like a minor cold, start with smallpox which wiped out 500 million up to 1977, HIV which has killed 32 million up to now or boring stuff like Hong Kong flu which killed a million in 68/69.

Pete Pozman 26 Mar 2020
In reply to jimtitt:

> Trump might be a buffon but probably knows that in his lifetime we've had a fair few pandemics which make Corona virus look like a minor cold, start with smallpox which wiped out 500 million up to 1977, HIV which has killed 32 million up to now or boring stuff like Hong Kong flu which killed a million in 68/69.

I'll think you'll find that he probably doesn't know any of that. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...