Mysterious Package

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 27 Nov 2022

I didn't want to advertise the company in the thread title. There's a company who do gifts where they send packages with a mystery to solve. I'm thinking about buying this as a Christmas present but online reviews vary wildly. Does anyone here have experience of this, if so what did you think? 

deacondeacon 28 Nov 2022
In reply to aln:

Is this thread part of the mystery? 😉

Ian Parsons 28 Nov 2022
In reply to aln:

Frantic 999 call followed by 'controlled explosion' on doorstep; if that doesn't say "Christmas" I've no idea what does!

JCurrie 28 Nov 2022
In reply to aln:

Why you have two dislikes is a mystery to me.

Our youngest loves puzzles and has been to the breakout rooms in Aberdeen a few times. We got him one of these mystery games for his last birthday. It was fun and well thought out but we weren’t convinced it was value for money. 

OP aln 28 Nov 2022
In reply to JCurrie:

Yes the VFM thing is pointed out in a lot of reviews. It does seem expensive for what you get.

nniff 28 Nov 2022
In reply to aln:

If it's one of those wooden pyramid puzzles, no 1 son who likes escape room things, enjoyed his.  Kept him occupied for quite a while.  He is no longer a kid btw

freeflyer 28 Nov 2022
In reply to aln:

If you like wooden puzzles, search for Martin Smith Trigsaw, although I’m not sure if he’s still working. I have several of his beautiful puzzles. Adults and older children.

ExiledScot 28 Nov 2022
In reply to freeflyer:

> If you like wooden puzzles, search for Martin Smith Trigsaw, although I’m not sure if he’s still working. I have several of his beautiful puzzles. Adults and older children.

http://puzzleplex.co.uk/

Is another. 

OP aln 28 Nov 2022
In reply to JCurrie:

> Why you have two dislikes is a mystery to me.>

11 now 😂

JCurrie 28 Nov 2022
In reply to aln:

Think of it as Roman numerals.

If you search ‘escape room’ on the Not On The High Street website you might find something that fits the bill, although I couldn’t vouch for any in particular.

In reply to aln:

> 11 now 😂

Not sure why so many but I am puzzled as to why you don't want to mention the company name (you aren't a BBC presenter) and maybe it is very hard to give advice if people don't know what you are asking about.

OP aln 29 Nov 2022
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

> Not sure why so many

The best approach to dislikes is to not give a flying F. 😁

I am puzzled as to why you don't want to mention the company name and maybe it is very hard to give advice if people don't know what you are asking about.

If you know, you know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...