MR vehicle vandalised North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kaiser 09 Jun 2020

Depressing report in today's North Wales Chronicle...

https://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/18505387.llanberis-mountain-resc...

peppermill 09 Jun 2020
In reply to kaiser:

Ok it's bad but basically some local jakeball lets the air out of a single tyre on an unmarked vehicle.....

Sean_J 09 Jun 2020
In reply to peppermill:

Doesn't make them any less of a cvnt though.

Post edited at 14:54
Roadrunner6 09 Jun 2020
In reply to Sean_J:

Yeah I'd heard of unfamiliar vehicles being vandalized, I saw someone mention nantgwynant on facebook. Not sure it has anything to do with MR though so the headline is rather misleading. Just basic xenophobia and vigilante behavior.. 

FreshSlate 09 Jun 2020
In reply to kaiser:

I think it's a reasonable message for MR to get out there to not fvck around with cars just because you don't know who they belong to. 

If there's a few idiots doing this in Snowdonia then there's a non zero chance that this happens another MR volunteer. It's the last thing you want. 

Roadrunner6 09 Jun 2020
In reply to FreshSlate:

Or any car in general. You come off the hill after a long day and face a long wait or walk to get food. This could be dangerous for say an elderly person or diabetic. Plus it means they come into contact with others potentially risking COVID transmission. All in all just stupid behavior. Last weekend I did a 45 mile run with 10,000 feet of ascent from a remote location, had my car been vandalized I'd have been screwed. I had some gatorade at the car to give me a kick start to at least get to some food but had I had to walk 5-10 miles for further help I'd have been in a bit of a mess. It's just a tw*tty thing to do.

FreshSlate 09 Jun 2020
In reply to Roadrunner6:

Totally agree! Didn't mean to imply otherwise .

Post edited at 17:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...