Mired in it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greenbanks 21 Sep 2020

Wonder how much/little traction this will get:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54228079

As one commentator has observed, London is now the 'money-laundering capital of the world', so I expect barely a ripple

mondite 21 Sep 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

Its just fleshing out something which was already rather obvious. So I suspect it will be ignored by all those who arent worried about selling the country out to, not particularly, highest bidder.

OP Greenbanks 21 Sep 2020
In reply to mondite:

Though obvious to those closer to the markets, this stuff is so deeply ingrained: Potters Bar, for heaven's sake:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54204053

Cobra_Head 21 Sep 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

A lot of London property is supposedly owned by Russians which is a massive cause of property price inflation, with little regulation.

In reply to Greenbanks:

"A total of 3,282 British companies were named in the leaked suspicious activity reports - that's more than any other country in the world"

Hoorah! British financial services leading the field once again. Makes you proud, doesn't it...?

Post edited at 14:53
OP Greenbanks 21 Sep 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

That situation will not prevent self-righteous UK finger-pointing at such matters as the behaviour of some developing countries in their (mis)management of overseas aid. We are beyond reproach in our own financial probity, of course. Another disconcerting step down the ladder of international trustworthiness. Vulgar in the extreme.

lorentz 21 Sep 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

A PM who goes by the moniker 'Boris,' has an unsackable Special Adviser who spent a few of his formative years doing nobody-knows-what in Russia... Results of an investigation into Russian Interference in elections and EU referendum suppressed. Tangible links to dirty Roubles. 

I'm not one for crazy conspiracy theories. Move along. Nothing to see here.

wercat 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

I've been telling you all this for some time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...