Met Office Brown Weather Warning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 09 Jan 2020

Brown weather warning issued for Gloucestershire;

The weather has been and will continue to be shite, a right brownout and pissy. Potholes and puddles will be deeper than they appear and your journey to work will be severe test of your mental stability.

The good news is.......

plyometrics 09 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

If it’s any consolation, there’s a long range forecast for persistent turd up here in Cumbria. 

pasbury 09 Jan 2020
In reply to plyometrics:

I feel so much better knowing that others are having to put up with the same crap.

bonebag 09 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

Same in Cheshire folk.

Tigger 11 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

Could be worse... You could live in Lincolnshire and have the same shitty forecast

Dave the Rave 11 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

They have it wrong . Here be hail, hail be here. Moel Famau tonight

In reply to pasbury:

One can have a free mud bath. I slipped yesterday whilst traversing foot-deep mud and went slap down on my side in it. I have never been muddier for free. 

cap'nChino 12 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

> Brown weather warning issued for Gloucestershire;

> The weather has been and will continue to be shite, a right brownout and pissy. Potholes and puddles will be deeper than they appear and your journey to work will be severe test of your mental stability.

> The good news is.......

No hosepipe bans or moor fires this year?

felt 12 Jan 2020
In reply to cap'nChino:

> No hosepipe bans or moor fires this year?

It's a game of extremes, Saint. Right on the heels of the Beast from the Easy (as it was called the other day), with the coldest temps and deepest snow here for 40 years, we had no rain for four months, the oak in the garden went brown and died and the borehole ran dry – in N Devon! – then it's not stopped raining ever since. My bet is we're on for another record drought just to set things on an even keel, so ready them bowsers.

Timmd 12 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

Sunny over the Peak. 

Timmd 12 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

...or nearly sunny, clear skies and partially cloudy at least. The same shall come to all within time, something or other annoyingly philosophical along those lines. 

In hobbling about still...some nicer weather at least is welcome.

Post edited at 17:35
 Oogachooga 12 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

The good news is....Wyndcliff was nice and dry by 12 today, even a bit of sun for an hour

pasbury 12 Jan 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Sunny here too so went for a walk at Nags head RSPB reserve. Lovely but the mud has a very special glutinous and deep quality I've not come across before.

plyometrics 14 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

Not sure what it’s going to be like in your neck of the woods, but it looks like the weather in Cumbria is going to be marginally less turd flavoured next week. 

Onwards and upwards!

nniff 14 Jan 2020
In reply to pasbury:

The only redeeming feature of a torn calf muscle is that I didn't have to cycle home last night.  On the down side, that means I'm on the train, which I hate more than crap weather,

Timmd 14 Jan 2020
In reply to nniff:

> The only redeeming feature of a torn calf muscle is that I didn't have to cycle home last night.  On the down side, that means I'm on the train, which I hate more than crap weather,

Thanks that puts my tweaked hamstring into perspective, I 'shuffle ran' to the Co-op just before closing this evening and no complaints from it now. Perhaps you catching the train at the mo means you've avoided a nutter in a car without realising, there might be an upside you'll never be aware of? I had a couple of teenage experiences which taught me how randomly the dice can fall, in narrowly avoiding nutters. Life can be enigmatic. I hope you have speedy healing. 

Post edited at 00:02

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...