Medical advise on fisio

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mauraman 25 May 2020

two years ago I was operated of oral cancer. Apart from the obvious operation to the mouth, I also had a lymphonodectomy. I was told before the op that this could cause mobility problems to the arm and shoulder but, luckily, I lost very little mobility and at the moment i feel like i have actually regained at least 98 percent of it. Apart from numbness of the skin, which has also improved with time, this has not caused me any paqrticular concern, especially since It did not affected my climbing ( I was crap before and I continue to be...).

I have although a small concern regarding my pectorals. On the affected side I have now a man boob, yes...that is right.. only on one side. Despite working on it, the muscle on that side seems not to react and didn't tone at all, even if I do work it more than the opposite side. 

I have asked the doctor who operated me and he said that it is normal as during the operation they have somehow touched the nerves. Nothing i can do about it.

although I am not vain and have no intention of becoming a body builder at my age, I am not pleased by this so, I Would like to know if someone has a different opinion on this being a lost battles  and perhaps suggest something that could make a difference?

Should I ask for fisiotherapy or there is really nothing that can be done?

Thanks in advance!

girlymonkey 25 May 2020
In reply to mauraman:

My suspicion is that if your range of movement isn't affected then there won't be much a physio can do. You could always phone and ask though, many are currently doing free video consultations.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...