McDonalds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 henwardian 23 Mar 2020

I can't be the only person who had a little titter about McDonalds saying they were going to close to protect the "health of their staff and customers". Surely they could have made that decision decades ago

The Lemming 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

I was chatting to a McDonald's manager this morning at 3-30am about what was going on. They were expecting to stay open, takeaway only, but found out through Facebook that all stores were going to close on Tuesday.

It all came as a shock to everybody. Not exactly keeping staff in the loop. On the positive side, they all keep their jobs.

stp 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Brilliant

GrahamD 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Why pick on McDonald's? Take away pizza is far worse.

chris_r 23 Mar 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

> Why pick on McDonald's? Take away pizza is far worse.

But takeaway pizza tastes far far better. It's worth shortening my life for.

Neil Williams 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Must admit I *might* have had a Maccies breakfast this morning as a last one in a bit, via Uber Eats, gave the driver a nice fat tip as I suspect they'll be a bit quiet as more stuff closes.

MonkeyPuzzle 23 Mar 2020
In reply to chris_r:

Three Maccy D cheeseburgers is one of the finest meals known to humankind and this *is* the hill I'm prepared to die on. If I had the stamina to get to the top of the hill in the first place of course.

In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

I remember reading (in a broadsheet no less) how McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers are the cheapest and most nutritious food in human history!

OP henwardian 23 Mar 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

> Why pick on McDonald's? Take away pizza is far worse.

Four reasons:

1) Because I feel like it.

2) Because they are the poster child for unhealthy eating.

3) and 4) See 1)

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> I remember reading (in a broadsheet no less) how McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers are the cheapest and most nutritious food in human history!

I'm afraid I'm too young to have experienced news in the 1950s.

In reply to henwardian:

> I can't be the only person who had a little titter about McDonalds saying they were going to close to protect the "health of their staff and customers". Surely they could have made that decision decades ago

Their still selling at the drive though near me .  It's packed.  I hope they realize that if one of the staff is infected. 

Bonkers.  

GrahamD 23 Mar 2020
In reply to chris_r:

> But takeaway pizza tastes far far better. It's worth shortening my life for.

Each to their own, I guess. To me nothing worse than dough covered in synthetic cheese made from oil.

PPP 23 Mar 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

> Each to their own, I guess. To me nothing worse than dough covered in synthetic cheese made from oil.

Exactly what makes it to crave for it. 

MonkeyPuzzle 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> I remember reading (in a broadsheet no less) how McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers are the cheapest and most nutritious food in human history!

I don't know about that but I do know the occasional bit of absolute filth is good for the soul.

> I don't know about that but I do know the occasional bit of absolute filth is good for the soul.

Yeah, Maccies have got me through when I haven't had the time or food in but I've never eaten so healthily since the last couple of weeks of dramatic societal changes.

By the way, here's the article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10210327/McDouble-is-cheapest-and-...

fred99 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> Their still selling at the drive though near me .  It's packed.  I hope they realize that if one of the staff is infected. 

> Bonkers.  

The cynic in me says that if their Customers all "kick the bucket", then it'll raise the average IQ of the population.

Post edited at 13:23
 GrahamD 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Daughter is upset. McDs drive through are closing.

MonkeyPuzzle 23 Mar 2020
In reply to fred99:

> The cynic in me says that if their Customers all "kick the bucket", then it'll raise the average IQ of the population.

>

The cynic in me is trying to decide whether I'd rather lose some people who go to McDonald's or some self-righteous snobs.

Look, it's all in good fun:

Clarence 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Gutted that I won't finish work before the last call, I hope I get to taste a McDs breakfast again some day.

ThunderCat 23 Mar 2020

> I don't know about that but I do know the occasional bit of absolute filth is good for the soul.

This is absolutely true

Bacon Butty 23 Mar 2020
In reply to ThunderCat:

If doner kebab joints start closing, then things are getting serious.

Cú Chullain 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

I have just driven past a 'drive through' Maccie D's and it was somewhat disturbing to see a queue of vehicles wrapping around the block, the restaurant itself rammed with people. What the f*ck is wrong with people.

Hat Dude 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Oh no Greggs are closing now!

I was planning to self medicate with their sausage rolls!

mondite 23 Mar 2020
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> I have just driven past a 'drive through' Maccie D's and it was somewhat disturbing to see a queue of vehicles wrapping around the block, the restaurant itself rammed with people.

The one at London Colney had cars queued back onto the main roundabout. Nice and safe.

Wiley Coyote2 23 Mar 2020
In reply to henwardian:

Bugger! There goes another lock down pastime. I was spin out an hour or two each day picking up the litter their customers toss out of their car windows onto the grass verge outside the house.

In reply to Wiley Coyote2:

> Bugger! There goes another lock down pastime. I was spin out an hour or two each day picking up the litter their customers toss out of their car windows onto the grass verge outside the house.

Missed opportunity there. Set up a webcam to catch people in the act and hand all the footage to the police and it's £80 a pop, you even have the reg plate, so no way a tenable defence can be mounted.

J1234 23 Mar 2020
In reply to chris_r:

> But takeaway pizza tastes far far better. It's worth shortening my life for.

Then you have not been to California and tasted a Royal Angus with Chipotle sauce , Drooll.

fred99 24 Mar 2020

> The cynic in me is trying to decide whether I'd rather lose some people who go to McDonald's or some self-righteous snobs.

> Look, it's all in good fun:

Last night to get to Halfords (for necessary spares !) I "wiggled" my bike past a looooong queue of cars blocking the entrance to the trading estate, the road outside, AND all the way to a roundabout beyond (causing grief all around).

This queue was entirely made up of cars going to the MacDonalds "Drive-Through", with people having to get their "fix".

On leaving Halfords, I loudly repeated my joke of earlier on this forum item, and it was roundly ENJOYED by those within earshot who burst into laughter - even I didn't think it that funny ! . This included someone who'd missed shopping for a necessity at Halfords due to the morons holding him up until they'd closed, and also a young girl along with her father who were going past.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...