Manchester park and ride.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 20 Mar 2023

Planning a day visit to the city and wondering which P&R facility connecting to trams would be most convenient for us arriving via the M61. It also crossed my mind to wonder about how secure such places are for leaving your car unattended all day. Any bad experiences to report?

spidermonkey09 20 Mar 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Either Whitefield or Parkway have massive Park and Ride car parks which are free if you're using the tram. I've never had an issue leaving my car in a variety of tram car parks.

OP Rog Wilko 20 Mar 2023
In reply to spidermonkey09:

Thanks for that. Whitefield looks pretty handy and almost no M60 to contend with.

In reply to Rog Wilko:

Also a small car park that often has space at besses, and nearby street parking if full.

But, given the last bit of motorway is likely to be your biggest problem, have you thought about train in from Horwich Parkway or Lostock? That train line used to be one of the quicker and more reliable ones but I don't have any recent experience so keep an eye on the voting buttons and listen to anyone more qualified.

Bottom Clinger 20 Mar 2023
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Horwich would be my choice as well, few minutes from the M61 and before everything gets chaos busy. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...