Locked threads: thumbs up/down

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Locked threads used to allow up/down voting; that's why some ancient posts have them, even though they pre-date voting by years.

It seems that recent changes have stopped voting as soon as a thread is locked to comments.

I know voting is controversial, but it still exists. Just wondering if this is deliberate policy, or some coding oversight.

Toerag 17 Dec 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

I'd like to be able to vote on locked threads.

Si dH 17 Dec 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

If they've been locked due to being controversial or offensive in some way then I think votes should be stopped.

If they have been auto archived due to length then the better question is: please can we remove the length limit? It's sometimes quite annoying. Better just to auto archive when the thread is dormant for a long time.

Robert Durran 17 Dec 2021
In reply to Si dH:

> If they have been auto archived due to length then the better question is: please can we remove the length limit? 

Yes, I have never understood this.  Threads are often long because they are attracting a lot of interest, so why cut them off in their prime?

Hooo 17 Dec 2021
In reply to Robert Durran:

Someone defined the Post ID field as byte and so you can only have 256 posts in a thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...