Lloyds Platinum Account - Travel Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mlewis 30 Nov 2020

Does anyone have any experience with the Lloyds Platinum account, you can get travel, breakdown and phone insurance for £21 (for 2 people on a joint account) 

Of course the policy (AxA) does not cover climbing (unless its a climbing wall), however I have tried to call and get a quote to upgrade the policy however I cant get very far as I don't actually have an account. 

I gave up on the phone, the furthest I could get was abseiling, so not looking particularly promising. 

Does anyone have one of these accounts and have they upgraded it? (At a reasonable cost)

elliot.baker 30 Nov 2020
In reply to Mlewis:

I never would've guessed theeee Martin Lewis would get his bank account tips from UKC... but why not! Unless you're a different M. Lewis! 

I don't know about that account but I know the Nationwide FlexPlus is £13pm and provides breakdown cover, phone insurance for everyone in the household and worldwide travel cover. I've just checked the website (link below) and it's only £45 to upgrade for hazardous activities, including bungee jumping! 

I used to have one but cancelled it because we didn't need it but will be opening one soon for the phone insurance because it's cheaper than paying for it separately, the breakdown cover and travel is a bonus.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/manage-your-account/t...

abh 30 Nov 2020
In reply to Mlewis:

Hi Mlewis,

I have one of these accounts and use the travel insurance (and need to look into the breakdown cover). It is for me and my wife, and two kids - I am not looking to do any climbing related activities, just a normal family holiday. It seems to cover most things

I had to phone them up recently to enquire about the travel insurance - I found them quite friendly and easy to get hold of.

My overall guess is that if you are not using all the components (travel - for a family, car and phone) it would be cheaper not to upgrade and buy what you need, on an individual basis.

Hope this helps!

steve taylor 01 Dec 2020
In reply to elliot.baker:

The phone insurance with Nationwide is brilliant. My daughter has a habit of smashing phones, and they've been repaired or replaced without argument each time. Sadly for her, she comes out of full-time education next summer, so will have to sort herself out. 

OP Mlewis 01 Dec 2020
In reply to Mlewis:

It's a different M Lewis, I'm not so money savvy. 

So generally I should get climbing specific insurance as and when it's required. 

I had big plans for 2020 and had a good (£150) snow card policy which covered everything I could ever need. However I didn't get my money's worth out of that policy. 

Thanks for the help guys

Cheers,

Mike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...