LIONS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 earlsdonwhu 24 Jul 2021

Tension mounting. I have no idea how this will end up. Hopefully, the result won't depend on a dodgy refereeing interpretation. Will the S Africans dominate with power? Will the Lions get enough good ball to stretch them? I would be uncertain about the result even without the complications of Covid.

Dr.S at work 24 Jul 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

I’m getting proper nervous!

OP earlsdonwhu 24 Jul 2021
In reply to Dr.S at work:

Brutal and compelling but dull as a rugby spectacle.

I wouldn't pay to watch that style of rugby week in week out.

Dr.S at work 24 Jul 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

I would, great forward effort!

Tense and intense....who needs a crowd to generate a performance?

Dr.S at work 24 Jul 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

If those two jerseys don’t, what else will?

J101 24 Jul 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

First half boring as hell, second half much better and a fantastic result to start the series. Think SA were short of match fitness and it told as the second half wore on, looking forward to next Saturday.

In reply to J101:

Hard to know if a fitter SA, which had long established combinations, will be stronger than an already fit Lions team with partnerships/ units becoming more cohesive . 

Cornish boy 24 Jul 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Yeah, next weekend will be fascinating. It will be interesting to see who Gatland picks as there are sure to be changes. 

Lawes fully justified his selection at 6 but I thought Itoje’s performance was immense. For me, he was most influential player on the pitch. 

Hopefully our superior fitness will tell but, to quote Geech, ‘beware the wounded Springbok!’

P.S. Glad we sorted our discipline out in the second half today. 

In reply to Cornish boy:

Lawes was one that I did predict would start.....to match their physicality. Itoje had a huge game too and God knows how AWJ lasted so well. Hard to tell how well the backs  ( on either side) played as they didn't see much ball in hand. I was surprised how our front row replacements dominated when they came on.

Dr.S at work 25 Jul 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Yes - I was a bit worried how mako was going to hold up - but he was excellent.

I thought in the backs Daly had quite a good game - certainly got into the match early on, although not quite in the way Ray Gravell recommended!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...