Leaves...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 23 Apr 2021

...and bluebells. Just now. Thought it was about time we had a ‘leaves’ thread that wasn’t full or argey bargey....

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Looks like the leaf photo left !.

Post edited at 07:20
 felt 23 Apr 2021

That beech is lovely. I noticed a sycamore out yesterday. Say what you like about them, but the first leaf flush can have an amazing colour.

In reply to felt:

Just been looking at sycamore buds. Great. 

felt 23 Apr 2021

Speaking of sycamore, we've got a hefty and gnarly veteran outside the front door that looks like it's a couple of weeks off leafing, but the one I saw was already full out. Different trees for different ... needs, as Brent might say. 

Larch is a big favourite at this time of year.

In reply to felt:

Within a minute of posting earlier, i heard then saw singing goldcrest, watched a nuthatch feed its partner in their nest hole (it’s what I was waiting to photograph but failed), watched a wren take moss to its nest, watched a singing blackcap and plenty more. 15 minutes later saw a tawny owl and got a cracking photo. And then a roe buck came trotting towards me!  Bloody brilliant. Been up and out since 5.30. 

Lankyman 23 Apr 2021

Pretty soon we're going to see how apocalyptic the ash dieback was last year. It's going to look like a tree graveyard up here.

coinneach 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Yesterday’s commute

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...