Kinlochleven Zip Wires

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 graham lawrie 26 Jul 2019

Please take time to read this petition:

https://www.change.org/p/the-highland-council-stop-the-kinlochleven-zip-wir...

It would be better if you could also object if you feel strongly enough, directly to :

eplanning@highland.gov.uk

There are only a couple of days left to object to the Highland Council eplanning where your objection will count. The change .org will only count as 1, even although soon a 1000 people will have signed.

PLEASE HELP PROTECT THIS ICONIC VIEW.

Thanks

Graham

summo 26 Jul 2019
In reply to graham lawrie:

I'm presuming that most supporters of this wild heritage will know the village originally grew because of the aluminium smelter there, the Blackwater resv. above was built to feed it and that being off the beaten track it will draw in tourists. 

Not sure what the iconic view is? 

It could be a good location to make it a little adventure capital. 

Please provide a link to a petition supporting the zip wire. 

Mike-W-99 26 Jul 2019

Theres no link to the actual planning application in the petition so I can't make an informed decision. If you have one I'd take another look.

OP graham lawrie 26 Jul 2019
In reply to summo:

The one that is in many calendars, films, West Highland Way........

OP graham lawrie 26 Jul 2019
In reply to Presley Whippet:

see below comment

Mike-W-99 26 Jul 2019

Thankyou, that's a lot more informative than the petition. Only 34 documents to browse now covering various views.

https://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&a...

Post edited at 21:46
 Mike-W-99 26 Jul 2019

> The one that is in many calendars, films, West Highland Way........

They conveniently missed that view out in the visual impact statement choosing instead one from the north.

summo 26 Jul 2019

> The one that is in many calendars, films, West Highland Way........

That's a long distance walk not a view.  What is the iconic view the zip line would destroy? 

Which film featured the view that would be ruined? The closest film set I know would be monty python in the ballachulish quarries? 

Post edited at 22:17
 Mike-W-99 27 Jul 2019
In reply to summo:

This one(or similar) - https://www.prog99.com/Hillwalking%20in%20Scotland/2007/Mamores%20-%20March... 

(disclaimer, its my photo not that it matters)

Looking at the plans it'd run right across here.

Post edited at 01:02
 summo 27 Jul 2019
In reply to Mike-W-99:

It's a canny pic. Would the line be visible?

I'm actually neither for or against, but like many protests about development near the mountains, they are thin on details, often ignore the previous history or development of places and often smack of people just wanting to preserve a false image of a place they rarely if ever visit, without a thought to the people who try to maintain a living there 365.  

Ps. It's actually a good or alternative start point to some of the mamores if you want to avoid the honey pots. 

Post edited at 06:32
 Martin W 27 Jul 2019
In reply to Mike-W-99:

For anyone else interested in viewing the documents, the planning reference is 19/02766/FUL.  Pop that in to the search field on the Highland Council planning portal linked above and it'll take you straight to it - saves trying different search terms and scanning results lists (like I had to).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...