Journey acoustic guitars

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 riff156 14 Mar 2023

Hi all, 

I was looking at getting an acoustic travel guitar and came across one by a company called journey, anyone out there got one or ever had one who could maybe give me some feedback on them 

Thanks 

birdie num num 15 Mar 2023
In reply to riff156:

I'd never heard of Journey guitars until now, and just googled them. I've been round the world several times with an acoustic guitar but never seen one with a detachable neck. I think I'd want to see one, handle it and try it out properly. Hopefully you can get to grips with one somewhere.

I've got a 3/4 size Tanglewood that is very portable with a great tone. But the neck is fixed

Duncan Bourne 15 Mar 2023
In reply to riff156:

The idea looks good, I have a travel banjo (Tranjo) that has a similar detatchable neck and I absolutely love it.

Now my question would be what size is it when packed down? In other words would it fit the cabin bag restrictions of the airline you take it on? Easyjet is 45 x 36 x 20 for example. My Tranjo will easily fit within this restrictions but it is worth checking. The alternative is to buy extra luggage space. Either way it has to fit into the overhead locker.

Rob Parsons 15 Mar 2023
In reply to riff156:

I can't help with the actual question, but it reminded me of a folding double bass I once saw in use. At the end of the gig, people were fascinated to see how the thing worked. See https://foldingbass.com/videofold/

OP riff156 15 Mar 2023
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Wow !!  that's pretty amazing, looks like there was enough room left for an 80m rope and some quickdraws as well 😀 

OP riff156 15 Mar 2023
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

It would fit in the overhead lockers size wise, as the limit for that is 56x45x25 although it does cost an extra £ 27 each way, the other option is to buy it a ticket on a seat, but then you have to buy a window seat, so that option gets too expensive 

OP riff156 15 Mar 2023
In reply to birdie num num:

Yay I'd not heard if them either until last week, fortunately I do have a chance of trying one soon, the beauty of  this type of design is that it will fit in the overhead lockers 👍

Duncan Bourne 15 Mar 2023
In reply to riff156:

>  but then you have to buy a window seat, so that option gets too expensive <

I never knew guitars were picky about the view

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...