johnny depp and amber heard defamation trial

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbercool 14 May 2022

sad as it may be, I've been sucked in to watching the ongoing trial highlights of Johnny Depp and amber heard over the last few weeks, along with what seems like 99% of the rest of the planet (or is it just his fans?) im rooting for Johnny Depp and cant stand Amber Heard.  Anyway, I'm curious what the folks on here have to say about the matter.

wilkie14c 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

Hang on a sec, I’ll just have to check my fukometer….

wilkie14c 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

as I suspected, zero 

Babika 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

My son told me that Twitter was all over it - that's all I needed to know. 

Hooo 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

How do you have time to follow this? My every spare moment is taken up with following the Wagatha Christie trial.

Dax H 14 May 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

> as I suspected, zero 

Sounds to me like it needs calibrating, opening this thread shows interest so it can't be zero. 

mondite 14 May 2022
In reply to Dax H:

> Sounds to me like it needs calibrating, opening this thread shows interest so it can't be zero. 

Same people could be really really interested (not sure if it does unique views).

From what I have seen of it both need some really, really good psychiatric help.

Clauso 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

I've not followed the trial, but I've heard that Amber is now the pin-up girl for global coprophiles... If you believe that sort of shit?

Clauso 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

P.S. Are you absolutely sure that it is indeed a defamation trial, or was that a typo?

Trangia 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

I've seen a very little of the case on the news, and find it nauseating to watch. They are both acting much of the time, and quite frankly I am not really interested in watching two spoilt wealthy narcissists washing their dirty washing in public. It's a private dispute between them and I am really not particularly interested, so I switch over to another Channel.

Cobra_Head 14 May 2022
In reply to Dax H:

> Sounds to me like it needs calibrating, opening this thread shows interest so it can't be zero. 

Might have been some new routing been going on.

Cobra_Head 14 May 2022
In reply to Clauso:

> P.S. Are you absolutely sure that it is indeed a defecation trial, or was that a typo?

FTFY

Philip 14 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

All I need to know is, can I watch Pirates of the Carribbean without needed to mentally condemn Johnny Depp.

broken spectre 14 May 2022
In reply to Philip:

He peaked as an extra in Platoon imho

PS did you get my email???

Moacs 14 May 2022
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Jesus.  It went over your head, didn't it.

Graeme G 15 May 2022
In reply to Moacs:

> Jesus.  It went over your head, didn't it.

If it did, that’s pretty impressive!

Timmd 15 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

It struck me as not very wholesome, or 'not very Buddhist', the way people seem to be enjoying, it, when at the root it's two people going through their own kinds of grimness, with one trying to save their name and the other seemingly being mentally unbalanced (keeping mentally balanced myself can be a daily task), with people judging and picking over details.

I reckon there should be a media blackout until the verdict so that people do something else instead, go out and listen to the birds or something, there's loads of things one could do...

Post edited at 13:22
 magma 15 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

i'm curious as a friend is having a marriage breakdown with the violence seemingly  (physical and verbal) coming from his wife. dunno how the divorce will go or who will get his house, but he's thinking of buying a caravan to live in his garden for now..

cb294 15 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

Stop press, in more important news, a bicycle has fallen over in China...

Yanis Nayu 15 May 2022
In reply to Timmd:

Agree - it’s all quite sad and undignified. The Wagatha Christie trial is gold dust though. 

Post edited at 20:09
 Michael Hood 15 May 2022
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Agree - it’s all quite sad and undignified. The Wagatha Christie trial is gold dust though. 

Basically handbags at dawn but in the high court; the only people who will win are the lawyers.

Rob Parsons 15 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

The Depp case at least has a serious 'loss-of-earnings' basis - so I can understand the bet of bringing it to court. The Wagatha Christie case just seems insane.

In both cases, 'be careful what you wish for.' And be very wary of insisting on 'having your day in court' ...

Post edited at 21:08
 Yanis Nayu 15 May 2022
In reply to Michael Hood:

> Basically handbags at dawn but in the high court; the only people who will win are the lawyers.

I read someone quoting a QC “A wonderful matter; absolutely of no consequence whatsoever and a few people will be able to retire on the fees” or words to that effect. 

Hooo 15 May 2022
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

+1. My wife occasionally mentions the Depp / Heard thing and I really don't want to know. From the little I've heard it sounds like two people with psychological issues that have been massively exacerbated by their fame and wealth losing it in public. 

Wagatha Christie though... I was only dimly aware of it until Marina Hyde commented on it and the Guardian ran a piece yesterday. I can't believe I've missed until now. It's the funniest thing I've seen for ages. Utter nonentities pissing millions on a pathetic schoolgirl spat.

George Ormerod 16 May 2022
In reply to Hooo:

Seems like everyone is ultimately f*cked in these cases. Like coiling a turd in the middle of the table and then hitting it with a cricket bat, but paying a few million for the privilege of wielding the bat. Still, I enjoyed learning that Peter Andre is hung like a field mouse. 

Billhook 16 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

More like, 'How to waste your life'.

Who cares.  I don't know either of them.  Can they climb grit?

ExiledScot 16 May 2022
In reply to climbercool:

Makes your realise how little acting skills were required to play Jack sparrow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...