Job/employer review websites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 15 Feb 2021

I'm in the market for a job. I was looking at the employees comments section on the site of a company I was applying to. Unsurprisingly the reviews were glowing, great job, great company, great money. But a look at reviews for the same job on Indeed told a different story. I'm not sure how reliable this is. Are there any websites that collect employee reviews for different companies, that's regarded as having reliable and accurate reports? 

Birks 15 Feb 2021
In reply to aln:

Glassdoor is the best for what you are looking for.

You still have to sift through and figure out which ones are deliberately placed by the employer to look great and which ones are closer to the truth.

I'd also recommend in the interview process, ask questions about company culture from the stakeholders you meet, in order to try to get a real insight into how it actually is to work there.

Culture eats strategy for breakfast... My own experiences in joining a new company have definitely reminded me of this...

Best of luck!

Red Rover 15 Feb 2021
In reply to Birks:

When looking on glassdoor it's fairly easy to spot the reviews written by a corporate PR department as they don't sound like how people actually speak. 

OP aln 15 Feb 2021
In reply to Birks:

> Culture eats strategy for breakfast...

I don't know what that means. 

> Best of luck!

Thanks. Glassdoor was the other site I've looked at. I know what you mean about employer placed reviews, I'm sure I spotted a few! 

Blue Straggler 15 Feb 2021
In reply to aln:

> > Culture eats strategy for breakfast...

> I don't know what that means. 

It can be interpreted at a very basic level as simply "know the people"

https://www.thealternativeboard.com/blog/culture-eats-strategy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...