Jab booked. I'm 45 .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Morning. 

Jab booked for me .  I'm 45.  Derby city. 

Tomorrow morning.  

👍

arch 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

If it's Pride park it's not too well sign posted. It's in the Arena behind PP. 

In reply to arch:

> If it's Pride park it's not too well sign posted. It's in the Arena behind PP. 

Cheers.  I've already taken my mother for hers a few weeks back . 

😀

TobyA 29 Mar 2021

Had mine yesterday - same cohort, got the text message last Thursday. Feeling a bit rubbish today, not terrible like some people have, but slightly fluey and slightly wobbly and fuzzy-headed, enough to not go into work. I'm trusting it's my white blood cells doing their thang. Enjoy.  And make sure you have a stock of paracetamol in the house at the ready. My nurse said just start taking it as soon as you get home, and it does seem to help with the low level aches and pains.

wilkie14c 29 Mar 2021

Wife had hers on sat, 48, Belper 👍

Sputnick 29 Mar 2021

Girlfriend has hers tomorrow 41. Chesterfield. 

Looks like Derbyshire has its sh*t together 

Jenny C 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Sputnick:

> Girlfriend has hers tomorrow 41. Chesterfield. 

> Looks like Derbyshire has its sh*t together 

Yes trying to book a 50+ appointment in Sheffield, only options were all outside South Yorkshire.

Sputnick 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Jenny C:

Oh, I'm 53 and live in Sheffield.  Had mine 3 weeks ago 

In reply to Sputnick:

> Looks like Derbyshire has its sh*t together 

Rattling along at a fare old rate in Holmfirth. We just need more AZ vaccine! Been doing the second dose of Phizer for the old-timers, which includes me.💉 Had mine at the end session.

wercat 29 Mar 2021
In reply to TobyA:

according to an immunologist I heard, what you experience hours after the jab is an initial inflammatory response which can range from very little suffering to feeling pretty crap with what she called "man flu" in some cases when your body "over reacts" a bit.  Then the RNA has to start to be executed by your cells to create the spike protein, taking a bit longer and then over the 2-3 weeks since the jab you have your proper antibody/T-cell buildup to the spike you made your very self.

The Lemming 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Deleated bagger:

> Been doing the second dose of Phizer for the old-timers, which includes me.💉 Had mine at the end session.

Yep, as of Wednesday last week, I'm all Phizered up for the year.

And I'm still a Covid Virgin 🤫

> Tomorrow morning.  

Set an alarm then; you might be up pretty late tonight watching nerdle cam.

In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

😀👍

G. Tiger, Esq. 29 Mar 2021

40 Sheffield. Booked for Wednesday

Removed User 29 Mar 2021
In reply to The Lemming:

Have you seen a drop in health workers getting Covid yet?

Big Steve 29 Mar 2021

I had fairly mild Covid last November, and had the AstraZenecca jab on Saturday. I never had flu like feeling afterwards, but was very tired and achey all over, I had the jab at 3pm, was asleep on my sofa by 5pm, felt pretty rotten and rundown until 8-9ish Sunday evening, then was feeling better by the time I went to bed.

😬👎🙄

Andy Johnson 29 Mar 2021
In reply to wercat:

I had the AZ vaccine on Friday morning. My arm was a bit sore for a couple of day around the injection site, and I felt a bit tired in the afternoon, but thats all. Reactions experienced by people I know seem very varied.

Welsh Kate 29 Mar 2021

Just had mine two hours ago. Waiting to see how I react!

ranger*goy 29 Mar 2021

I’m 45, had mine last Sat 21st 😃

Misha 29 Mar 2021
In reply to wercat:

To clarify, Pfizer and Moderna get you to make the spike protein. AZ is an inactivated virus (or bit of virus) vaccine. So depends which one you have.

Sir Chasm 29 Mar 2021

Lots of old people on here, still waiting. 

65 29 Mar 2021

I had my first one (AZ) yesterday. I was fine until I went to bed then rapidly developed a fever and some muscle aches. Fever abated around 1200 today but I still feel absolutely wiped out and have a headache. I called in sick and slept most of the day. Wish I'd popped some paracetamol yesterday. Nowhere near as bad as a typhoid one I had some years ago though.

wintertree 29 Mar 2021

> Set an alarm then; you might be up pretty late tonight watching nerdle cam.

4,599 people Nerdling right now.  Edit: Scrub now NET tomorrow.

CT: What a year.  Glad you’ve kept in touch with the forums.

Post edited at 21:03
In reply to wintertree:

> 4,599 people Nerdling right now.  Edit: Scrub now NET tomorrow.

I'll be watching as usual. 

> CT: What a year.  Glad you’ve kept in touch with the forums.

Me too.  I stay for the people and the conversations.   There's lots of good people here. 

Cornish boy 29 Mar 2021

I’m 49 and had the AZ jab a couple of weeks ago. 

Later that evening I developed uncontrollable shivering for several hours but by morning it had stopped. For the next two days I had aching joints and muscles, a headache and zero energy. Paracetamol did seem to help a bit. 

By Monday morning I was well enough to go to work. Won’t have my second jab on a Friday again! 

The wife had the jab on the same day as me and (typically) wasn’t as rough as me! 

My mum just had a sore arm and felt a bit tired.

Funny how some people get much worse side effects than others. 

Spearos 29 Mar 2021

To all the 40 somethings getting jabs, were you all contacted by the nhs? or have you been more proactive?? Just wondrin'

In reply to Spearos:

> To all the 40 somethings getting jabs, were you all contacted by the nhs? or have you been more proactive?? Just wondrin'

I was contacted first thing this morning by text from my doctor's. I signed straight up and booked in less than 10 mins.  

wercat 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Misha:

Ah, thanks,  the scientist being interviewed didn't differentiate when she explained

Now my problem is getting a second appointment.  It's a bit awkward to do a 60 mile round trip by road (45 miles if I were a crow!)  at the moment as I can't guarantee access to the car. That's the closest I can get on the NHS website even though there is a mass vaccination centre only 6 or 7 miles away.   It's quite crazy - that's Cumbria for you, UK's Czechslovakia (cold war version)

Post edited at 22:39
 wintertree 29 Mar 2021
In reply to Misha:

>  AZ is an inactivated virus (or bit of virus) vaccine. So depends which one you have.

AZ isn't "inactivated" - it's a whole, somewhat-functional virus that introduces RNA to cause the host to code the spike protein.  But it's a pretty limited virus that lacks the machinery to reproduce.  That must make its production particularly fascinating but I've not read in to it...

Sir Chasm 29 Mar 2021
In reply to wercat:

> Ah, thanks,  the scientist being interviewed didn't differentiate when she explained

> Now my problem is getting a second appointment.  It's a bit awkward to do a 60 mile round trip by road (45 miles if I were a crow!)  at the moment as I can't guarantee access to the car. That's the closest I can get on the NHS website even though there is a mass vaccination centre only 6 or 7 miles away.   It's quite crazy - that's Cumbria for you, UK's Czechslovakia (cold war version)

Oh dear, that is a problem, how awful. 

Misha 30 Mar 2021
In reply to wintertree:

Thanks, in my simple mind AZ is 'advanced version of inactivated virus tech' which involved taking all or bits or the Covid virus and taking it for a ride of its life using a chimp flu virus. Or something.

Misha 30 Mar 2021
In reply to Spearos:

It's a postcode lottery. Healthy under 50s aren't even meant to be getting jabs but some are if you get lucky and live in the 'right' area. I had a text from my GP two weeks ago and there were several slots available the next days, so I booked in and got the AZ (hardly any side effects by the way, just had a sore arm which disappeared after 6 days, and possibly a slight temperature which was 'cured' with paracetamol overnight).

The day I got it the news came out about the roll out being delayed in April and then there was a news items several days later about Birmingham GPs being told to stop rolling out to the under 50s. I had put it down to my GP's catchment area probably having relatively few older people but perhaps they were rolling out out to under 50s across Birmingham. I know someone at work who is in her 40s and got the jab a few days after me. Haven't heard of anyone else yet but most people at work are under 40.

In reply to Misha:

It's a real virus, not inactivated. It's normally found in chimps not humans, so we're not already immune to it. It's modified so that it makes the cells it infects create the sars-cov-2 spike protein. It's "replication deficient", which makes me, like wintertree, wonder how in the hell they make it, but means it won't make you poorlysick.

In reply to wintertree:

Tweet says now shooting for 8am (2pm our time).
Sorry for thread hijack.

wercat 30 Mar 2021
In reply to Sir Chasm:

your point being?

none

Post edited at 08:57
In reply to Chive Talkin':

All done .  

Upgrade successful.  Prepare to transmit on 7G hyper frequency. 

😂😂

I actually enjoyed that.  Felt a sense of solidarity with all the other people there.  

And I quite enjoyed the needle.  

Post edited at 12:02

NW Highlands, 54 yo with asthma. No sign of vaccine or any news, nhs helpline says to wait. 

In reply to JJ Krammerhead III:

> NW Highlands, 54 yo with asthma. No sign of vaccine or any news, nhs helpline says to wait. 

That's not good. I hope you don't have to wait to much longer . 

In reply to JJ Krammerhead III:

> NW Highlands, 54 yo with asthma. No sign of vaccine or any news, nhs helpline says to wait

Are you having trouble with the online booking system not recognising your details or NHS number?

WaterMonkey 30 Mar 2021

49, in Kent and too young for vaccine yet according to the booking site  

Misha 30 Mar 2021

Thanks, didn’t realise AZ also makes us make the spike protein.

Jenny C 30 Mar 2021
In reply to WaterMonkey:

I assumed that the under 50s had just been lucky to have their GP contact them direct to offer an appointment at they had surplus vaccines, would be interesting to know though if that isn't the case and they have managed to book through the centralised NHS site.

​​​​​​To those aged 50+ or in other priority groups, you do not have to wait for your NHS letter and can just go online to book. 

In reply to captain paranoia:

Yep, will bite the bullet and phone gp. Not complaig just that job involves mixing with 100 odd flok from all over the UK. Bit of a sitting duck. Thanks for tbe replies folks, good luck all 

> Morning. 

> Jab booked for me .  I'm 45.  Derby city. 

> Tomorrow morning.  

> 👍

The Chive feels like he's been on the lash.  

Sore arm and headache today.  Ouch.  

ranger*goy 31 Mar 2021
In reply to Jenny C:

> I assumed that the under 50s had just been lucky to have their GP contact them direct to offer an appointment at they had surplus vaccines, would be interesting to know though if that isn't the case and they have managed to book through the centralised NHS site.

> ​​​​​​To those aged 50+ or in other priority groups, you do not have to wait for your NHS letter and can just go online to book. 

You are correct. I’m 45 and was lucky enough to receive a telephone call from my GP. Once I’d had the first I was able to book the second through the NHS site. 

Qwertilot 31 Mar 2021

> It's a real virus, not inactivated. It's normally found in chimps not humans, so we're not already immune to > it. It's modified so that it makes the cells it infects create the sars-cov-2 spike protein. It's "replication

> deficient", which makes me, like wintertree, wonder how in the hell they make it, but means it won't make > you poorlysick.

I'd imagine that they've somehow made it so that it needs some specific chemical - that won't be found in a human body! - to replicate.

wintertree 31 Mar 2021
In reply to Qwertilot:

> I'd imagine that they've somehow made it so that it needs some specific chemical - that won't be found in a human body! - to replicate.

Nature always finds a way.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...