IT help ( ish )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 23 May 2022

Morning all ,

I have to move about 60 photos from my iPhone ( 10 I think ) to my windows 10 laptop to use in a document I ve emailed them to myself and then opened up the email ( aol ) on my laptop using google chrome . The pictures will only open as thumb nails . I would donate one of children to the charity of your choice  if somebody knows or can think of an easy way of doing this . I m almost tempted to go and buy a Mac because I know it would be easy if I had one . 
mike 

Post edited at 11:28
 Street 23 May 2022
In reply to mike123:

If they're stored in your iCloud, you can just go to icloud.com, log in and download the full sized images onto your laptop from there.

planetmarshall 23 May 2022
In reply to mike123:

> I have to move about 60 photos from my iPhone ( 10 I think ) to my windows 10 laptop to use in a document I ve emailed them to myself and then opened up the email ( aol ) on my laptop using google chrome .

You should really be able to do this without going via the internet. I don't work much with the Apple ecosystem but some options if I were doing this with Android would be - 

* Connect the phone directly to the laptop via USB and mount it as a hard drive
* Copy the photos from the phone to the laptop via the local network
* Copy the photos from the phone to the laptop via Bluetooth

I assume (perhaps naively) that at least one of these options will work with an iphone.

In reply to mike123:

If you want to email, the software normally auto selects thumbnail size (small) photo if you don’t change that. What you need to do is change the size of photo file before sending by clicking on the “image size ‘x’ kb (at the top of your email assuming you use the built in iphone email program) to one of the other size options available, usually small, medium, large, or actual size.

Beware, some email servers will have a size limit on sending/receiving, so you may (most likely will) have to send photos in batches esp if you select actual size and they could be very large file sizes depending on camera/processing, etc.

If you have iCloud already that is the easiest though. Upload, and log in with windows pc and download selected photos.

Edit: As planetmarshell posted, it reminded me that I always used to connect my old iphone by usb to my windows pc and transfer that way. That was very easy and always worked for me. 

Post edited at 11:42
 CantClimbTom 23 May 2022
In reply to Street:

> If they're stored in your iCloud, you can just go to icloud.com, log in and download the full sized images onto your laptop from there.

^^^^^^ This

OP mike123 23 May 2022
In reply to Street:

Done. Thanks. Charity ?  

OP mike123 23 May 2022
In reply to mike123: thanks all . Download iCloud app and can see them now  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...