iPhone 12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 13 Oct 2020

My iPhone, was given to me by my son, so is a little older, and is starting to have problems with battery and other matters. The end of my financial year is the end of this month, so if I'm going to buy a phone, then it is sensible to do so by the 31st.

Thus my question is, whether the iPhone 12 is likely to come out before the end of this month, as then the other iPhones, may be inclined to come down in price, especially the iPhone 11. It may be a reasonable consideration for lasting me for a good time. Plus the photographic side of it seems to have an improved setup.

James Malloch 13 Oct 2020
In reply to veteye:

From one website (Daily Mai - eurgh). If you could pre-order then perhaps it could work. Though I don't know if those align to UK dates 

> The Verge spotted this information on the Chinese social media site Weibo, which states a pricing range from $699 to $1,099.

>The most expensive will be the iPhone 12 Pro Max, which should be available for pre-orders starting either November 13 or 14.

>The iPhone 12 Mini is said to be available for pre-orders on November 6 or 7 and the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 will start at $799 and be available to preorder on October 16 or 17, with release on October 23 or 24.

>Both models are said to come with storage options ranging from 64 gigabytes to 256GB.

PPP 13 Oct 2020
In reply to veteye:

The Apple event is today at 6pm. There’s no details on what’s being announced, but all the rumours suggest 4 models of iPhone 12 (mini, standard, pro and pro max).

ianstevens 13 Oct 2020
In reply to veteye:

It'll be announced today and be partially available to order* the end of the week. Well worth getting the newer one, which will in all likelihood be getting 5G. No other iPhone models have this, and seems wise if you want to keep it for 4/5 years. My iPhone 7 is finally in its death throes, and I've been putting off replacing mine too. 

*for some models, apparently. c. 1 week shipping from ordering at this stage in my past experience with apple. 

Post edited at 11:00
OP veteye 16 Oct 2020
In reply to PPP:

Well the iPhone is out now, and it is tempting to buy the 12 with 256Gb, as it is the same price as I paid for my daughter's 11 with the same storage, a couple of months ago, whilst that phone is £100 cheaper, but still expensive enough. 512Gb is probably more than most people would need.

I also like the idea of a smaller, iPhone mini, but I think that it is not available until after my accounting year end.

I was in London yesterday, but did not have time to go and talk to someone at one of the Apple shops, which would have been a quicker way of getting the answers.

OP veteye 16 Oct 2020
In reply to veteye:

Or do I spend even more money to have a 4 times optical zoom, as opposed to twice optical zoom?

ianstevens 16 Oct 2020
In reply to veteye:

There's a lot more going on in that Pro-level camera than just optical zoom! Native RAW, LiDAr AF assist... 

To reply to your comment above - I've been using a 256GB iPhone for the last 3 years, and it's not even half full. You probably don't need that much space. I'm upgrading this version as well, and I'll be going for a 128 to save a few pennies.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...