I Don't Know What to Say

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chopper 31 Dec 2020

We had an awful Christmas with Mrs Chopper being distraught to the point of tears. She had been fully expecting to see both her sons, of whom she is very, very fond and proud. Due to the sudden imposition of what amounts to a total lockdown by Drakeford they were unable to visit. I spent most of Christmas wondering if she was on the verge of a breakdown. The atmosphere was dismal and food was wasted..

Having said that I hope everyone else made the most of it and I do hope that we ALL have a infinitely better year.

Timmd 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

All I can think of is making hopeful noises about getting together for Easter or sooner, and how the Spring will be here at the turn of the seasons, and how there'll be lots of other opportunities, that kind of thing?

Post edited at 16:39
 wercat 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

I'm really sorry to hear your story - the only thing I can think is that the Spring isn't now so far away and I suspect that things will start changing in March - not that everything will be back to normal, but the changes will start to be felt, slowly at first but rapidly gathering pace.  That's my belief and I hope you can both find some cheer and stay safe

mick taylor 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Hope Mrs C is OK. Next year will be better. 

AndyC 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Be very proud that you followed the guidelines and will not be contributing to the post-Christmas Covid carnage that is almost certainly coming in the next weeks. From what I can see, the SW is over-run by people escaping from higher tiers to second homes and holiday rentals.

Being in different countries, Mrs. C and I have been together for about 3 weeks in the whole of 2020 - but we found regular Zoom calls help.

Niall_H 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Sympathy to you both!  I hope things go well enough for the restrictions to be eased soon

OP Chopper 31 Dec 2020

It is good to know that, through all this, there have been some good people. We were talking this morning about Capt. Tom. I'd seen some mean comments like "Well he only walked round his garden a few times" Will THEY be doing that at 100?

I believe that he, among but above many others, did so much to raise peoples' spirits.

AndyC 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

For the avoidance of doubt - I'm referring to my Mrs. C and not yours!

marsbar 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

It's all a bit crap at the moment isn't it.  

I hope she gets to see them soon.  

OP Chopper 31 Dec 2020

It was some consolation that we were able to set up a three way zoom on Christmas day.

skog 31 Dec 2020
In reply to AndyC:

> For the avoidance of doubt - I'm referring to my Mrs. C and not yours!

At least, that's what you think...

Stichtplate 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Take consolation that your misfortunes were entirely out of your control and not self inflicted. Who in their right mind would decide to spend New Years 2020 getting pissed while playing Risk?

Any decent divorce lawyers out there, please PM me.

peppermill 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

It's tough but it's only Christmas, it's no consolation but this will eventually pass. As others have said it's not within your control.

I've seen family for one extended trip in August/September since mid January and the same for my closest friends which my as well be family, had a relationship break down during the first wave and my God does it suck being single at the moment

But thankfully have so far managed to escape losing anyone close to me. I'm not about to be the cause of that.

Hang in there, sunshine and hopefully relaxed restrictions won't be too far away and you can see the kids soon.

Post edited at 19:24
 peppermill 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

Honey flavour Sensations? 

That's the sort of abomination of a snack that should be consigned to a crew room table 

;p

Stichtplate 31 Dec 2020
In reply to peppermill:

> Honey flavour Sensations? 

> That's the sort of abomination of a snack that should be consigned to a crew room table 

You are entirely correct. Our evening is designed to be fully in keeping with the rest of 2020.

When we’ve polished off the last of the Bailey’s and Redbull slammers, I intend to watch 3 seasons of Mrs Brown’s Boys while running a belt sander over my nad sack.

Dave the Rave 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Chin up Chopper. You all did the right thing so aren’t to blame for the rise in cases and deaths. Tough times but look for the positives and what you contributed. 

Aled Williams 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

I feel you're pain 

My parents are in South Wales whilst I live alone in the lakes.

I Haven't seen them in months and was really looking forward to head home for a few days to see them, but decided against the idea as dad's vulnerable and I have a customer facing job. Its been a tough year mentaly, and Christmas was obviously terrible but hopefully families can start seeing each other in spring when the vaccine has been distributed more widely.

All the best and remember you're not alone 

Al

Post edited at 20:13
 Dax H 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Things will get better, grab hold of the little happy things and enjoy them to the full. 

Lizziecc 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

Ha ha! That reminds me of our last game of Risk. We had to put a note to ourselves in the box before we packed it away - “Is this a good idea?... Remember what happened last time!”.

Timmd 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Stichtplate:

Your cat is awesome, it even looks like it's scheming and plotting.

Post edited at 21:25
 Snyggapa 01 Jan 2021
In reply to Stichtplate:

>I intend to watch 3 seasons of Mrs Brown’s Boys while running a belt sander over my nad sack.

Do what you like with your sacks but don't torture yourself with Mrs brown's boys would be my advice.

aln 01 Jan 2021
In reply to Chopper:

Life is a shit boat of crap sailing over a sea of detritus towards an ocean of pain to land on a land of despair.

Hope that helps. 

Bobling 01 Jan 2021
In reply to aln:

It is, but there are occasional bright moments.  Chin up fella.

OP Chopper 02 Jan 2021

It's all the more upsetting to have seen some new neighbours flagrantly breaching the rules with multiple visitors staying overnight both at Christmas and the New Year

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...