How risky is a haircut???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 21 Mar 2020

Not very, judging by the number of people in the barbers shops I walked past yesterday.

I could really do with a haircut, as it's now due (my hair goes fine, fine, fine, TOO LONG) - I'm tempted to get it done now before things get worse, but don't think that's wise.

The barbers I use is slightly out of town and never ever has a queue - I really don't know how it keeps going, tbh - but even so, it's close contact with the barber, plus all the dust of everyone else's clippings, so falls into the "unnecessary risk" category for me.

In reply to LastBoyScout:

> Not very, judging by the number of people in the barbers shops I walked past yesterday.

> I could really do with a haircut, as it's now due (my hair goes fine, fine, fine, TOO LONG) - I'm tempted to get it done now before things get worse, but don't think that's wise.

> The barbers I use is slightly out of town and never ever has a queue - I really don't know how it keeps going, tbh - but even so, it's close contact with the barber, plus all the dust of everyone else's clippings, so falls into the "unnecessary risk" category for me.

SteveX will be along soon to abuse you over the thought

:-D

bouldery bits 21 Mar 2020

Clippers yourself a mohawk pal.

I might be doing the same. Cos death's coming. 

In reply to bouldery bits:

> Clippers yourself a mohawk pal.

> I might be doing the same. Cos death's coming. 

In which case why bother . The grim reaper don't care about you hair.  

Just your tasty soul. 

I've pondered this.  Going to look a bit scruffy for a while but I can deal with that.  Embrace the chance to summon your inner dirtbag / wear a hat  / shave your head?

Isolation is paramount and other than pure essential food shops we should all minimise external social contract.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3eKIwsW8YW8ByZlKnwrMuGMrrfxI6BI8iGxU...

Post edited at 10:28
 wintertree 21 Mar 2020

Good question.  I had a choice between one last visit to the physio for my back or a last haircut.  I may have to go for the clippers...

Doug 21 Mar 2020

not a problem here in France - they are shut. So assumming the restrictions here will arrive a little later in the UK maybe you should get a haircut while you can.

In reply to Sandstone Stickman:

This video is brill. Thanks.

Every single fibre in me hates the presenter but it's very important science and info.

In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> In which case why bother . The grim reaper don't care about you hair.  

> Just your tasty soul. 

Maybe it's for me.

In reply to Doug:

If you get a chance,  watch the video I posted. Everything looks fine now but will escalate very quickly over the next 2 week's.  That one last hair cut is absolutely not worth it.

I could do with a haircut but since I'm one of the 'flu jab group, I shan't be having one until July.  I'm planning on taking a weekly picture to show progress and then putting them all together in a sequence come high summer.

T.

Neil Williams 21 Mar 2020

Amazon are bringing me a set of clippers on Monday

lorentz 21 Mar 2020
In reply to wintertree:

I got clippers aged 18 and have never looked back. Remember.... If you mess it up, It grows back! Now's a good time to acquire a handy life skill. Set of wahl clippers from Argos with all attachments etc... £25. One haircut around my way... Dunno for sure but north of £20 I suspect.

GET MAINS POWERED CLIPPERS!! The battery ones lose their zip really quickly in my experience. Also get an RCD circuit breaker of cutting hair in the bathroom or anywhere there's like to be water. 

(Don't forget the straggly bits behind the ears! I get in there with hair-scissors that come with clippers.)

Post edited at 13:52
 profitofdoom 21 Mar 2020

> I could really do with a haircut.............

I would go - but it could be a close shave

Oh sorry I thought this was the joke thread

Bob Kemp 21 Mar 2020
In reply to profitofdoom:

Would definitely be a bit hairy...

yeti 21 Mar 2020

well . . . I've not been to a barber since I was 16, if my memory is ok, at my age you never know

I would like to know where all that money has gone, never smoked either,

that should be enough to retire on : )

Blue Straggler 21 Mar 2020

UK regulation look, in 4 months’ time https://flic.kr/p/4aJ2CD

Andy Gamisou 21 Mar 2020
In reply to Doug:

> not a problem here in France - they are shut. So assumming the restrictions here will arrive a little later in the UK maybe you should get a haircut while you can.

Same in Cyprus.  Was already overdue a haircut, and now well on my way to a full on mullet.  Hoping they come back into fashion by the end of the shutdown.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...