How much to replace rear brake pads and discs (old Honda Jazz)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 30 Dec 2017
Rear brakes making awful grinding noise - Halfords quoted £250 to replace rear discs and pads - I assume this is expensive because it's halfords - any idea how much I should be paying (and even better - any idea who I should go to near Belper/Derby!?)

Many thanks!
 balmybaldwin 30 Dec 2017
In reply to elliot.baker:

To give you an idea I doubt the parts are £40 And it's about as straight forward a job as there is on a car.

How sure are you they even need doing? Very common among shitty garages to claim they need replacing when they don't
 Lord_ash2000 30 Dec 2017
Just had our rear disks and pads done on a T4 campervan for £180 at a local garage and I felt that wasn't cheap.

In this case, the disks defiantly did need doing though they were pretty knackered.
Post edited at 17:31
 Cheese Monkey 30 Dec 2017

£35 to £60 in parts depending on quality if you're prepared to get your hands dirty
 Cheese Monkey 30 Dec 2017
In reply to balmybaldwin:

To be fair if they are making grinding noises it's pretty likely the pads are shot at least.

I use RMB in Ambergate.
 balmybaldwin 30 Dec 2017
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

true missed that
 sleavesley 30 Dec 2017

Main dealer will charge £290 http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/repairs.html
To buy the discs and pads from Eurocarparts with the SALE50 code for the next 5 days with Brembo brakes and pads would cost £62.
Cheaper still if you want pagid etc.
Honda genuine parts are expensive https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-jazz/2009-2015-jazz/2009-2015-j... looking at £155 for parts alone.

Shouldn’t take longer than a couple of hours at the most (Main issues I had are with the retaining screws which sometimes require a bit of persuading with an impact driver). Other than that straight forward.
Try and find a good independent nearby. But probably still be £150 - £250 region.
cp123 03 Jan 2018

About £60 in parts and an hour's labour if you want to pay a man to do it for you.
 bearman68 07 Jan 2018

Whereabouts are you. Will do it for an hours labour, plus parts. (Discs are normally about £30 each, and pads about the same. (So I guess about £130 or so in total) VAT registered workshop in S Wales, with full warranty etc etc etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...