How are Heathrow T5 queues?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 24 Aug 2021

Has anyone got experience of arrivals at T5 recently (last week or two)?  How long are the immigration queues ? I’ve got to pick up a relative there on Friday.

jasonC abroad 24 Aug 2021
In reply to Postmanpat:

Not sure about T5 but my wife and daughter came back from Japan via T3 and they got through in less than an hour.

lorentz 24 Aug 2021
In reply to Postmanpat:

I came through T5 a few weeks back. It was a Monday evening. Got through one of the automatic gates in around 5mins then waited 20 mins for bag on carousel. The queue at immigration for non UK residents looked longer, but no more than 20 mins I'd say. If the automatic gates aren't playing ball then you're ushered into a shorter queue for a manual immigration check. Probably 10 mins or so walking involved too. No dramas so long as you're travelling from amber or green list country I suspect. I was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency, but the leg work is done by the airline at check in (passenger location form and proof of double vaccination on NHS app plus day 2 test booking reference etc to avoid mandatory 10 day quarantine etc etc etc.) Queued 90 mins + at check in prior to the flight.

yorkshireman 25 Aug 2021
In reply to lorentz:

Went Lyon to LHR T5 exactly two weeks ago late afternoon and it was one of the better immigration experiences. Probably took longer to walk through the maze of dividing ropes than to queue for the automatic gate. 

OP Postmanpat 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Postmanpat:

Thanks for replies. Sounds encouraging!

Rob Oram 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Postmanpat:

Came through T5 late June and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it all went....mind you I guess more are travelling now so queues might be worse.

Stichtplate 25 Aug 2021
In reply to Postmanpat:

Not half as bad as Kabul T1 at the moment

freeflyer 27 Aug 2021
In reply to Postmanpat:

Last Sunday. Queue was about a mile long, took 35 minutes. Airport staff were handing out free water. 

Actually it wasn't bad, the queue shuffled along positively, and the damn electronic passport reader actually recognised me. No covid checks, all done online or by the airline staff prior to departure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...