he smiled at breakfast.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 05 Feb 2021

just about to switch from R4 and ukc  to spotify and wine  . theres  a documentry about spies. they re talking about various spies and double agents . a loyal uk spy talking about a double agent "i did  nt  like him. he smiled too much. he smiled at breakfast ". brillant . puts me in mind of various trips to climb various big ish hills. never trusted anybody who was cheerfull at breakfast.

Le Sapeur 05 Feb 2021
In reply to mike123:

No one should smile at breakfast, unless they own a dog.

mattmurphy 05 Feb 2021
In reply to mike123:

I met a spy once, or at least someone who’s well documented as ex-MI6 working for oil interests in west Africa. 

He didn’t smile, but he certainly had an aura about him that made me wish I’d never told him my name....

Post edited at 22:01
 Tom Valentine 06 Feb 2021
In reply to mattmurphy:

I stayed in a B&B in Brecon where the host put a smile on my face but took it off others' by refusing to serve baked beans with his  cooked breakfasts. 

Needless to say, hash browns didn't even get a mention.

girlymonkey 06 Feb 2021
In reply to mike123:

I am one of those cheerful morning people! I am sure everyone loves a bit morning energy over breakfast! 😀 

I have been (jokingly, I think!) been accused of being a spy in Russia a few times! The funniest time was when a guy who was showing us around a bit in Crimea (when it was still Ukraine) suggested it. He couldn't have looked more like our comic book spies if he had tried! Because I speak good Russian and have lived in some towns which used to be military towns and closed towns...and I had heard of Balaclava! Apparently Balaclava was so top secret that people a few km along the coast didn't know about it, so he was very amused to hear that we had hats names after it! Lol! 

I would be a rubbish spy, I would share all the secrets!

Cobra_Head 06 Feb 2021
In reply to mike123:

Was he sure it wasn't just wind, I'm always windy in the mornings.

and the afternoon and evening too.

Timmd 06 Feb 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

> I am one of those cheerful morning people! I am sure everyone loves a bit morning energy over breakfast! 😀 

Ha, I once asked a lifelong family friend why she was being so cheery one morning, and felt bad and apologised when she became less cheery, it was instantly forgotten and she went back to cheery.  

> I would be a rubbish spy, I would share all the secrets!

I'm good at keeping secrets, and keeping aspects of my life quiet or separate from one another, I dare say, but my emotions show on my face and I'm quite mobile with body language. People can tell what I'm feeling which is probably a good thing, unless one wants to be a spy. 

Post edited at 15:24
OP mike123 07 Feb 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

> I am one of those cheerful morning people! I am sure everyone loves a bit morning energy over breakfast! 😀 

everybody ? no . they dont . they really dont.

Andy Gamisou 08 Feb 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

> I would be a rubbish spy, I would share all the secrets!

Which secrets would you share?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...