Have you got 'it'?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 19 Dec 2021

I've got 'it'. 

Have you got 'it?'

JIMBO 19 Dec 2021
In reply to bouldery bits:

Well done, congratulations 👏

Wainers44 19 Dec 2021

> I've got 'it'. 

> Have you got 'it?'

Where did you find it?

mountainbagger 19 Dec 2021

No but I'm in 'it'

broken spectre 19 Dec 2021

It's pretty obvious what you mean, bad luck BB, get well soon

Hooo 19 Dec 2021

Not me. Last week four people I've been working in close proximity to have got the two red lines, but every morning it's just one line for me. I'm beginning to think I'm special.

OP bouldery bits 19 Dec 2021
In reply to broken spectre:

Thanks! 

Stay safe out there folks. 

3 Names 19 Dec 2021

Don't think I've got it

But the wife's had it since Tuesday.

Post edited at 16:04
 Lankyman 19 Dec 2021

> I've got 'it'. 

> Have you got 'it?'

Another notch on the bedpost then? You youngsters.

Timmd 19 Dec 2021

Have had a scratchy throat symptom, am getting a lateral flow test kit tomorrow to see if I can travel to see my bro and fave sis in law and nephew. At least I'll have the time/space for uni work if I can't travel, it'd be no bad thing in the scheme of things, making January less grim than it can be.

One school of thought is it's relatively mild as a variant, hope you get better soon without becoming too ill.

Post edited at 18:06
cb294 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Hooo:

It is pointless if the man does the pregnancy test as well, but you should be careful with your "working in close proximity"!

CB

Levy_danny 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Timmd:

Having a negative lateral flow result is definitely not enough to prove you don’t have covid, especially with symptoms. If you want to travel and keep your family safe I would get a PCR test for peace of mind. All my friends were negative on a lateral flow with symptoms prior to a positive PCR. 

Bottom Clinger 19 Dec 2021

Nope. Bloody miracle given I’m in contact with loads of people every day, and many are very unjabbed.

BUT, my daughters got it and our plans are totally screwed. Again. 

Hope you’re OK. Piccies of Brighton, yesterday, just as our plans started getting screwed!!

timjones 19 Dec 2021

I had it, but I've forgotten where I put it.

timjones 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Timmd:

If you have symptoms, it's a PCR test that you need.

Rob Parsons 19 Dec 2021

> Have you got 'it?'

Blue Unction mate. And next time be more careful.

Michael Hood 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

West Pier really is totally f***ed now (there were plans to restore it when I was a student down there many decades ago)

Wainers44 19 Dec 2021

Not sure why you got dislikes for that. Hope you are ok.

Timmd 19 Dec 2021
In reply to timjones:

A PCR test has been duly booked for tomorrow.

Where was it, down back of sofa?

Bottom Clinger 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

Brilliant starling murmurations on the big pier. Very impressive. 

Maggot 19 Dec 2021

I might have had IT, but was never proven that I had IT.  Rest of the house had IT, but definitely don't  have IT anymore. I wouldn't be surprised though if I do get IT having spent half an hour in the stagnant sweaty air of the pub earlier.

On the other hand,  if mean 'IT', I've almost certainly never had it. 🙃🙃🙃

Hooo 19 Dec 2021
In reply to cb294:

Don't you go pushing your gender roles on me. I have the right to get pregnant.

I have become a little blase now I have three jabs in me, it's true. But it's difficult to lift a heavy item without getting into close proximity with another person. I still reckon it's less risky than traveling by train, which I've been having to do more of recently. Especially since so many train passengers appear to be exempt from wearing a mask...

Hooo 19 Dec 2021

They were a regular evening sight around the West Pier before it got burned down. I assume they all roosted on it as it was derelict. I wonder where they go now?

Hooo 19 Dec 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

Due to arson. There were a few rumours that the obvious candidate was responsible.

timjones 20 Dec 2021
In reply to Timmd:

Good luck, I hope you don't have too long a wait for the result.

Neil Williams 20 Dec 2021
In reply to Hooo:

I was a close contact (outdoors, but talking for several hours quite close together) last Wednesday and thus far it seems my jabs (x3) are doing the job...good for me that they removed the mandatory 10 day isolation for contacts, though, else that'd have been Christmas knackered.

LFTing every day as per the advice, doesn't seem I am entitled to a PCR as I am not symptomatic.

Post edited at 10:30
 Cobra_Head 20 Dec 2021

Tested +'ve today. PCR booked to confirm, but False positives are rare, so I think I have it.

Booster on Friday 11am, by 8pm knocked on my arse!! Real flu symptoms, hot cold sweats, massive headache, sore throat, coughing makes your head explode.

Manage to sleep for 20 hours, with piss breaks.

Massive amount of farting too, my poor arse!!

24 hours later, almost to the minute, everything subsided into a general under-the -weather feeling, now feel right as rain.

LFT this morning confirmed CV+'ve,

Thought it was all a reaction to the booster, but obviously not.

Post edited at 19:33
 TurnipPrincess 20 Dec 2021
In reply to timjones:

My brother and his gf came down with a cold that developed  into a fever, coughing, loss of taste for one of them and loss of smelling for the other. Both of them had a negative LTF followed  by negative PCR tests. Not sure what to think now...

(Obviously still get a PCR test, but I can't believe that they are text book positives yet it's not supported by the test results)

CantClimbTom 20 Dec 2021

Keep testing LF but I'm just a loser and always fail.

My eldest daughter so far the only one who has passed her test, but it didn't help us with ours. Must try harder next time!

Cobra_Head 21 Dec 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Update:

Mrs Cobra_head has it too now, PCR confirmed hers and mine.

I've got light cold symptoms now, Mrs has a bit of a headache, hopefully that's as bad as it'll get.

compost 21 Dec 2021

> I've got 'it'. 

> Have you got 'it?'

If 'it' is the only thing known to reproduce faster than our esteemed Prime Minister, I've just got over it, and now my family all have it. 

fred99 21 Dec 2021
In reply to timjones:

> If you have symptoms, it's a PCR test that you need.

New symptoms, not existing.

I've had a sniffle and frequent sneezing for years.

But that's down to riding a motorbike in all weathers and foraging in the dusty filing racks at work.

(Or am I patient zero .......)

[edit] I should add that I haven't been anywhere near anyone who has got "it".

Post edited at 13:18
 Michael Hood 21 Dec 2021
In reply to fred99:

I had a "nose" cold 2 weeks ago, daily LFTs and a PCR - all negative - not everything is Covid (thank goodness)

dwright 21 Dec 2021
In reply to Levy_danny:

If you have symptoms you shouldn't be doing a lateral flow anyway. 

wintertree 21 Dec 2021
In reply to thread:

More than a little confusion here over when to go for a PCR test.

Official guidance - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-c...

Get a PCR test as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms, even if mild:

• a high temperature
  • a new, continuous cough
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste

That's it.  

Meanwhile, ZOE data suggests the symptoms have moved on with vaccination -https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/new-top-5-covid-symptoms

Here is the current ranking of COVID symptoms after 2 vaccinations: [July 2021]

• Runny nose
  • Headache
  • Sneezing
  • Sore throat
  • Persistent cough

As the months go by, the elephant in the room that is the discrepancy here continues to grow; it's more like the elephant in the warehouse at this point...

I think the way a lot of people are handling this is by using an LFT if they have "non-traditional symptoms", and some others are going for PCR testing anyway (plenty of tests PCR are done for people with no symptoms).

Given the official guidance, it is not right to say someone "must" or "should" go for PCR testing if they don't have any of the 3 officially listed symptoms.  If they have others more concordant with those on ZOE and are going in to a situation where they could infect people, a PCR would certainly seem like a sensible step and I think plenty of people do do that, and daily LFTs through the symptomatic period would give the best chance of catching a likely Covid infection to then take for PCR testing.

I'm quite impressed that this level of confusion and elephant-in-room-nees has continued for so long.

Cobra_Head 21 Dec 2021
In reply to wintertree:

Just to add, mine came on really quickly, from a bit of a headache to flat out on the couch, within about 4 hours.

In reply to wintertree:

When I felt a bit coldy-under-the-weather a few weeks back, I just booked a walk-in PCR. I ignored any screening questions to the extent that I don't remember any... I ignored the elephant.

David Alcock 21 Dec 2021
In reply to wintertree:

Re tests, and anecdote. 

We also have the elderly who can be too scared to take a test in case it's positive and they can't visit a spouse in hospital after major surgery... Ignorance is bliss eh?

Also people who get the double line and don't get a pcr gambling on the 1/1000 false positive.

I've seen both these last 8 weeks. 

timjones 21 Dec 2021
In reply to TurnipPrincess:

ZOE seem to be suggesting a new set of symptoms, I guess that time will tell whether their initial findings are correct but they appear to a be a lot closer on the average cold than our currently accepted set of Covid symptoms.

timjones 21 Dec 2021
In reply to fred99:

I've had a persistent cough for almost 20 years but I doubt that I had Covid that long ago

Cobra_Head 22 Dec 2021

Change of rules today  clear LFTs on day 6 and 7 and we're FREEEEEEEEeeeeeee!!

I failed mine, day 6 test

Roll on tomorrow.

Neil Williams 22 Dec 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

If LFTs are indeed good predictors of infectiousness, then I think they should replace a fixed number of days - supposedly for some it can be quite a lot longer, but for some it will be very short.

I hope you're negative tomorrow.

Cobra_Head 22 Dec 2021
In reply to dwright:

> If you have symptoms you shouldn't be doing a lateral flow anyway. 

Why not? It's how I found out I had it!!

Post edited at 15:22
 3 Names 22 Dec 2021
In reply to 3 Names:

> Don't think I've got it

> But the wife's had it since Tuesday.

Ive got it now!

OP bouldery bits 22 Dec 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Why not? It's how I found out I had it!!

Yep, totally asymptomatic here but was LFTing as work had been full of the Covid. Otherwise, I'd never have known.

OP bouldery bits 22 Dec 2021
In reply to 3 Names:

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Timmd 22 Dec 2021
In reply to timjones:

> Good luck, I hope you don't have too long a wait for the result.

That's cool, I'm covid free it's been confirmed today. I just need to not accidentally catch it between now and Friday when I travel.

Timmd 22 Dec 2021
In reply to Neil Williams:

> LFTing every day as per the advice, doesn't seem I am entitled to a PCR as I am not symptomatic.

Some might see it as immoral, but with some people being symptom free and covid positive, I don't suppose it'd be too bad a thing if you pretended to have symptoms? One could see it as you making sure to keep other people safe(r).

Post edited at 18:00
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Why not? It's how I found out I had it!!

Could be that some webpages still show for example “LFD (lateral flow device) tests are self-tests for people who do not have coronavirus symptoms”. This is still current on the NHS inform Scotland website and I’ve seen it on a gov.uk website with similar wording.

I guess the reason is to put emphasis on getting a PCR test if you do have any of the (three) listed C symptoms. Of course, in reality a LFD test is useful for those with some symptoms * (other than the three listed ones) which may or may not be covid or something else to help make a more informed decision. 
Edit: … * (as well as asymptomatic folk as well)

Post edited at 18:49
 Cobra_Head 22 Dec 2021

> Yep, totally asymptomatic here but was LFTing as work had been full of the Covid. Otherwise, I'd never have known.

I had all the symptoms, but I thought it was my boosters side effects, pure coincidence but I decided to LFT out of curiosity, I even thought the +'ve might be a false +'ve because of the booster!!

Neil Williams 22 Dec 2021
In reply to Timmd:

> Some might see it as immoral, but with some people being symptom free and covid positive, I don't suppose it'd be too bad a thing if you pretended to have symptoms? One could see it as you making sure to keep other people safe(r).

Did consider it, but with rates as they are it might stop someone who is symptomatic getting one and thus making them have to isolate longer before finding they don't have it.

Bottom Clinger 22 Dec 2021

Same as my daughter. She tested negative last week Wednesday , positive onLFT and  PCR last Saturday, negative everyday since Monday. She works in a school, triple jabbed. I reckon she caught it early last week, didn’t show on Wednesdays LFT, but has quickly fought it off. 

Edit: you testing with LFTs to gauge how you’re doin?

Post edited at 22:35
 wintertree 22 Dec 2021

What does IT stand for?

Misha 23 Dec 2021
In reply to dwright:

> If you have symptoms you shouldn't be doing a lateral flow anyway. 

This is sort of true. If you have one of the 3 symptoms you should get a PCR. As wintertree pointed out, it’s ridiculous that it’s still limited to those 3 given the symptoms are much wider especially once vaccinated. I was in that situation about 5 weeks ago - after some reflection I got a PCR anyway and was -ve so it was just a cold.

But in reality LFT is immediate and convenient. If you test +ve with symptoms, you might as well not bother confirming it with a PCR. Less bother for you, less spread to others and more PCR capacity for others (a consideration given how many cases there are now). If you test -ve with symptoms, it’s best to get a PCR to check, unless you decide to self isolate anyway.

So as long as people don’t take a -ve LFT with symptoms as license to carry on as normal, there’s no real issue with getting an LFT. 

Misha 23 Dec 2021

I haven’t as far as I know. No symptoms and no particular need to LFT, though will do for a couple of days before visiting parents. Heard of a few people at work in our London office having it and that’s just the ones I know about…

Neil Williams 23 Dec 2021
In reply to Misha:

I could see a sense in changing the rules to "if you have any respiratory symptoms of any kind get a PCR, if you have a positive LFT don't get a PCR".  Though the main reason for the follow up PCR is to sequence the virus to monitor variants, but that could be done randomly rather than for every case.

timjones 23 Dec 2021
In reply to Timmd:

Great news, enjoy your Christmas.

Misha 23 Dec 2021
In reply to Neil Williams:

Exactly. Sequencing capacity it only about 10k a day anyway

OP bouldery bits 23 Dec 2021

> Edit: you testing with LFTs to gauge how you’re doin?

Just done today's and a very, very faint positive. Bodes well for my potential (7day) freedom on boxing day. Fingers crossed.

I feel absolutely fine except a very slight, and barely perceptible, ear ache. Taste fine (except my fashion sense ofcourse). No cough and lungs feel good. No temperature issues at all. I did sleep for 11 and a half hours straight through last night but that's not actually out of the ordinary for me at this time of year! 

Hope everyone else is well, 

BB

Cobra_Head 23 Dec 2021

> Just done today's and a very, very faint positive. Bodes well for my potential (7day) freedom on boxing day. Fingers crossed.

> I feel absolutely fine except a very slight, and barely perceptible, ear ache. Taste fine (except my fashion sense ofcourse). No cough and lungs feel good. No temperature issues at all. I did sleep for 11 and a half hours straight through last night but that's not actually out of the ordinary for me at this time of year! 

Nice one, since the 7 days testing came in (I'm on day 6 today) I've been hoping to get a clear test, no luck.

Again still slight cold symptoms, until today, lost my smell, though the Mrs doesn't agree!!

Getting very boring now.

3 Names 24 Dec 2021

Thanx

it’s obviously bad timing for Christmas but I am at least asymptomatic 

In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Change of rules today  clear LFTs on day 6 and 7 and we're FREEEEEEEEeeeeeee!!

There's pretty clear charts showing that you can be clear on an LFT on day 6 and 7 and still positive on a PCR.

I think this change is actually indicative of Tory 'thinking' and policy.   If you assume that:

a. everybody is going to get it

and b. everybody is only going to get it once

then reducing the isolation time from 10 to 7 days saves (x million workers x 3 days) working time = a whole bunch of sick days and arguably is 'good for the economy'.

OTOH if you assume that people can avoid getting it or that getting it won't stop you catching it again in a few months then reducing it from 10 to 7 days means more infections and more working days lost.

Cobra_Head 24 Dec 2021
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

> There's pretty clear charts showing that you can be clear on an LFT on day 6 and 7 and still positive on a PCR.

Are there, where? (not being arsey, but I looked for something like that when it was first mentioned and couldn't see anything)

> I think this change is actually indicative of Tory 'thinking' and policy.   If you assume that:

> a. everybody is going to get it

Almost certainly true, in the UK at least.

> and b. everybody is only going to get it once

> then reducing the isolation time from 10 to 7 days saves (x million workers x 3 days) working time = a whole bunch of sick days and arguably is 'good for the economy'.

TBH it looks like I'm going to be 10 days anyhow, failed again today!! (day 7)

In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Are there, where? (not being arsey, but I looked for something like that when it was first mentioned and couldn't see anything)

Chart half way through.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-trust-rapid-covid-test-result-2021-1...

> Almost certainly true, in the UK at least.

It's looking that way for anybody that gets out and about.

The way the Tories are acting with Omicron is like testing whether a gun is loaded by pointing it at your head and pulling the trigger because you can't be bothered taking the time to examine it.  Whether their gamble comes off or not it is still a stupid gamble.

DaveHK 24 Dec 2021

Well there we go, round 2 for me, assuming the PCR is positive too although I'm pretty sure it will be.

Cobra_Head 24 Dec 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

When did you last have it?

we're desperately trying to protect our daughter, who had it during the summer holidays, and we didn't.

DaveHK 24 Dec 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Start of July this year. Both times I showed symptoms 6-7 days after vaccination so I think just super unlucky in getting infected before the protection kicked in. Not worried for me but there are some complications for family I've been in contact with.

Cobra_Head 24 Dec 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

Good luck.

nThomp 24 Dec 2021

I did at long last. 

Run-down from a 4-month work schedule, I was expecting to get sick when the pressure dropped. Like clockwork, Saturday evening visiting friends start to feel a bit weird. Sunday feeling pretty ill - hot, cold, headache, aching all over. My daily lateral flow tests up to and including Sunday still show negative however.

Not much sleep Sunday night, prodigious headache and body aches over Monday and now a clear positive. Even clearer two lines on Tuesday.  Could function reasonably well with paracetamol in the system, but k.o'ed without. By Thursday, other than feeling rather sh1t, the only thing that paracetamol won't fix is the biblically bad sore throat - it is something else and I still have it, to a lesser degree, today. Painkillers barely touch it, likewise the normal strepsils or salt water gargles.  What does alleviate it however are steam inhalations, so that's a tip for the young players who find themselves in a similar bind.

While still not great, a definite post-illness high today, so it seems that it is mostly kicked.

Definitely not a case of the sniffles, but not much worse than an ordinary bout of the flu.  Pneumonia I had two years ago was orders of magnitude worse. For the record, my second dose of AZ was in August so no doubt a waning immunity but still within the window of vaccine effectiveness.  No loss of taste or smell, barely a cough. Just aches and pains, night-sweats.

Andy Farnell 24 Dec 2021
In reply to nThomp:

I had a faint LF positive on Tuesday, did a PCR which came back positive on Wednesday morning. By that time I had all over body aches, shivers, horrendous night sweats, sore throat and breathing difficulties. Temp was 40 degrees (soon dropped after paracetamol) and a resting HR of 80+ BPM.

Thursday saw a slight improvement and today I'm better again, but breathing still laboured and a raging sore throat. My appetite has been knocked for 6 and despite drinking copious amounts of fluids I still feel dehydrated.

Not sure which variant I've had, but it's not just a cold. I'm double AZ vaccinated, and was due to have the booster on the 29th. I'm still fairly fit (yes, I'm 50 but still climbing 7c quickly), not overweight and have no underlying conditions. This thing hit me like a truck.

Take care out there folks

toad 24 Dec 2021

Ive An honest to goodness cold. Given the current advice I would have been more worried despite 3× vacced, but I knew the pedigree of this blighter- where I'd got it and where it had come from . Plus several -ive lft's 

Cobra_Head 24 Dec 2021
In reply to Andy Farnell:

> ......and a resting HR of 80+ BPM.

I had elevate HR too 102 BPM, though i wasn't aware of it, until I measured it, out of curiosity.

Cobra_Head 24 Dec 2021
In reply to toad:

> Ive An honest to goodness cold. Given the current advice I would have been more worried despite 3× vacced, but I knew the pedigree of this blighter- where I'd got it and where it had come from . Plus several -ive lft's 

Which was my issue too, daughter had a cold for 4 days before, and of course my booster, I thought it was all of this combined!!

It wasn't

DaveHK 24 Dec 2021

It's just occurred to me that since late May this year I have had: Vaccine one, vaccine 2 and covid in very quick succession (I think I contracted it prior to vaccine 2), booster then covid 2 in quick succession (again, probably contracted just prior to booster).

Quite what this will mean I have no idea. Will I be bullet proof? Or will it monkey about with my body's periodontal atrium*?

*obscure 90's advert reference. 

Post edited at 18:04
 Cobra_Head 24 Dec 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

> It's just occurred to me that since late May this year I have had: Vaccine one, vaccine 2 and covid in very quick succession (I think I contracted it prior to vaccine 2), booster then covid 2 in quick succession (again, probably contracted just prior to booster).#

I might have caught mine in the queue for the booster!!

> Quite what this will mean I have no idea. Will I be bullet proof? Or will it monkey about with my body's periodontal atrium*?

I'm not sure about what it does to you perineum, just keep it clean.

DaveHK 24 Dec 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> I might have caught mine in the queue for the booster!!

> I'm not sure about what it does to you perineum, just keep it clean.

Maybe I'll have a bullet proof perineum. Which would be a super power. Of sorts.

Cobra_Head 24 Dec 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

> Maybe I'll have a bullet proof perineum. Which would be a super power. Of sorts.

Very niche.

Cobra_Head 25 Dec 2021

Thank fully we're not in the US, most of us at least.

SIL just had to pay $25 for two LFTs, she's in Boston.

DaveHK 25 Dec 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

> Well there we go, round 2 for me, assuming the PCR is positive too although I'm pretty sure it will be.

PCR negative for me after LFT positive. Second LFT was negative as well. Massive relief as I've been in to visit dad in cardiac unit.

Neil Williams 25 Dec 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

The UK is often criticised, and rightly so, on the COVID response, but despite this being laughed at by many near the start the universal free availability of LFTs is in my view a really good thing.  They are not perfect, but they are clearly making a difference, if only in reassuring people that if asymptomatic and negative they are unlikely to give Granny the lurgy.

There have been "panic buying" shortages but by and large it has worked.

Cobra_Head 26 Dec 2021

My first clear day YAY me, it's day 9 so time-wise I'd be out anyway tomorrow, still it's nice to have it confirmed by a test!!

Iamgregp 27 Dec 2021

Positive lateral flow today, waiting for results of PCR. Pretty sure I’ve got it and will be stuck here at the mother in laws for the next 10 days at least. Joy.

In reply to Iamgregp:

> waiting for results of PCR.

I took a PCR test at a walk-in centre at 12:45 yesterday. The (negative) result arrived by email at 1:41 this morning. Less than 13 hours turnaround. I wonder if they're not busy at the moment...

In reply to captain paranoia:

I took a PCR in Carmarthen at 8.30am christmas eve and got the result text and e-mail at 6am christmas day. I was impressed with this.

Unfortuneatley it was positive.

I had started feeeling ill on the 23rd but thought/hoped it was a reaction to the booster jab that I had on the morning of 22nd, until i developed a irritated throat on the evening of 23rd. Didn't feel to rough really, nothing more than  i would expect from a normal winter cold and feeling noticable improvement today. Hoping it is on it's way out now.

Iamgregp 28 Dec 2021

Yeah got my result this morning after going yesterday afternoon.

As I expected I’m positive, but the rest of the house all negative, so they’re able to get out and about a bit whilst I stew at home.

Very frustrating as, just as Martin says, I’ve had nowt more than mild cold symptoms an feel like I’m in the mend now anyway. 

Most frustrating is that I’m at my mother in laws, so have none of my creature comforts (hangboard would be nice!) and have no say on what we put on the telly.

I sat through 2 episodes of Miranda the other night. Send help.

In reply to Iamgregp:

> I sat through 2 episodes of Miranda the other night. Send help.

Could be worse. Could be 'Dirty Dancing'...

Kevster 28 Dec 2021

LFT says yes, very strong and quick positive, thats this morning. Dry cough last night also gave a little hint. PCR yet to return with a verdict. 

I guess the end of the year will be quieter than it otherwise would have been. Feel fine tho, but ought to - had the booster mid December, and have been positive before (just over a year ago). Not like the body hasnt been primed for a hit of Covid!

Stay well ya all. Bring on Miranda. 

Iamgregp 29 Dec 2021

I had to watch bloody West Side Story the other night, the Pavarotti in Hyde Park (to be fair that wasn’t all that bad).

Have texted my boss to see if he’s got any work for me. He doesn’t.

Iamgregp 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Kevster:

Yeah my lateral flow was very quick and dark, same dry tickly cough…

Iamgregp 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

You know what the most gutting thing is?  Seeing as we’re at the mother in laws, we were able to leave our daughter with her and run down the local wall for a couple of hours each day…

The morning I tested positive (afterwards) I found a 7a that suited me, and felt like I could have got it before leaving on the 30th. Would have been my first 7a…

Luckily we had the wall to ourselves that  day (literally nobody else there at all) so chance of infecting other climbers is hopefully pretty remote.

Kevster 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

That sounds a shame. Good target for new year. 

There's lots of 7as out there. You'll tick one.

Half the battle is tying in at the start. 

I see you've been to winspit recently. A couple of no surprises 7as there (think one is called ancient order of freemarblers?). And elsewhere locally in dorset Get on em!

7a a day! Worked for me. 

Forest Dump 29 Dec 2021

Very pale LTF yesterday, so just been for a PCR test this morning. The wait is on.

Tbh, I suffer from fibromyalgia so feeling tired, achey and rundown is par for the course, especially this time of year!

Cobra_Head 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Forest Dump:

> Very pale LTF yesterday, so just been for a PCR test this morning. The wait is on.

you've probably got it, pale or not. Sorry

It feels to me like there are more UKC posters reporting positive now than ever before. I guess that tallies with the record numbers of cases nationally...

RobAJones 29 Dec 2021

> It feels to me like there are more UKC posters reporting positive now than ever before. 

I'll add to that. One brother had a positive LFT on 27th. Now he, his wife and 4 kids have all had positive PCR results. He was at mums Xmas day an boxing day morning. Mum, one brother's partner and another's daughter have all has positive LFT's so they are now waiting on PCR results. I met most of them for a walk on boxing day afternoon, three negative LFT's, but it's separate rooms until my PCR result comes back. 

Kevster 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Kevster:

Just to follow up. 

PCR results just in and am confirmed positive. 

Turn around of 26hrs from test center to result. 

To be fair, given the number of tests etc they must be processing I think it's quite good time wise. There was no shortage of people queuing at the test center yesterday. 

Iamgregp 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Kevster:

Yeah I’ll keep the target of 7a, but will just have to find another route! Just frustrating as I felt I could have got it this week we’re it not for bloody COVID.

A (hopefully) realistic target for the year, but it’s just going to be harder to manage around childcare once we get back home as we don’t have the mother in law to help out on that front!

Thinking of happier times ahead, and eyeing up door frames for training over the next 9 days…

Iamgregp 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Kevster:

Figured it would be, given that your symptoms and LFT were identical to mine.

Sorry to hear that, hope the isolation isn’t too bad!

Iamgregp 29 Dec 2021

Yes definitely. It’s bloody rife out there. More people I’ve known than at any point before testing positive.

Thankfully nobody I know seems too poorly with it, we have jabs to thank for that I reckon…

After spending 13 hours jabbing people, my sister has just spent ages (unsuccessfully) going around pharmacies trying to find LFTs because some bright spark thought that would be a better idea than distributing LFTs to NHS vaccination staff that way, rather than going through centralised NHS supply lines... 

Forest Dump 30 Dec 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

PCR says no! 27hrs turn around too.

Beers tomorrow, in a safe, boring, table service kinda way..

Iamgregp 30 Dec 2021
In reply to Forest Dump:

Jealous. 

Though rules in Northern Ireland changed today meaning I could be out in 7 instead of 10...  If I pass the test, of course!

Iamgregp 02 Jan 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

Update: I did not pass the test

squarepeg 06 Jan 2022

Still no. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...