Have I Got News - tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Anyone watch tonight's episode? There was a joke about Tom Watson's weight loss - 8 stones - and then something else. My attention was on my youngster needing me, and I only heard what I thought I heard. If you did, can you fill in the blanks? No doubt I can do catch up on Sunday but it'll bug me until then.

Thanks. 

Post edited at 22:12
 tjdodd 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

The comment was related to Carl beech. Unfortunately one of Tom Watson's few poor judgements..

balmybaldwin 08 Nov 2019

I think it followed on "...8 Stones... almost half a paedophile"

SV 08 Nov 2019
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I think it followed on "...8 Stones... almost half a paedophile"

An imaginary paedophile

I don't think you missed much

Post edited at 23:02

Cheers all. 

Gone for good 08 Nov 2019
In reply to tjdodd:

> The comment was related to Carl beech. Unfortunately one of Tom Watson's few poor judgements..

Poor judgement? He took a politically charged decision to encourage the Police to hound and prosecute innocent people purely based on some fabricated information he recieved from Beech for no good reason other tham his hatred of former conservative ministers and other members of the establishment some who went to the grave without being able to prove their innocence. He should have resigned in shame long before now. 

FreshSlate 10 Nov 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

> Poor judgement? He took a politically charged decision to encourage the Police to hound and prosecute innocent people purely based on some fabricated information he recieved from Beech for no good reason other tham his hatred of former conservative ministers and other members of the establishment some who went to the grave without being able to prove their innocence. He should have resigned in shame long before now. 

I guess that's all under the assumption that he didn't believe the allegations. If he genuinely thought there was truth to the claims then poor judgment would be the right description. 

Conspiracy or poor judgement? I don't know much about this story so perhaps there more to what you've said than assuming motives?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...