Has anyone used Roamer batteries?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ciro 31 Dec 2021

As per the title, had anyone used a company called Roamer batteries?

My cheap Chinese bought LiFePO4 leisure battery has come to an early demise... Thinking it's not going to be worth the hassle of trying to ship it back and get a warranty claim going from a small company in China.

Fully sold on the tech though - figure it's worth investing in one from a UK seller that can be returned of there's issues.

Came across Roamer in a search - they're offering a 200Ah LiFePO4 for under a grand, with a 10 year warranty. Sounds ideal, but there's little about them on the web.

Hooo 31 Dec 2021
In reply to Ciro:

I had a brief chat with someone on here about LiFePO, was it you? I bottled out of buying a cheap Chinese one in the end, and I'm still using an aging lead acid battery. 

I haven't heard of Roamer, but I'm no battery expert. As you no doubt have realised, a 10 year warranty is worthless if it means shipping it back to China to an unresponsive company. So, I'd not worry about the brand, but be looking for a supplier with a UK presence and a solid reputation.

Are you able to open the battery up? Maybe you can replace a cell or the BMS if it's that. I'm thinking that if you're on a budget the best way to go with this tech is DIY. Buy the best cells you can find and a BMS and build one. Then if a part fails you know how to replace it.

In reply to Ciro:

> but there's little about them on the web.

Have you checked out the company registration details on Companies House website? Is it the same as Roamer Batteries Ltd which were incorporated in March this year? Also reference to a company Roamer Vans at the same address which was only incorporated in Aug this year.

Not saying anything is wrong as companies come and go all the time. Does seem at initial look probably to be a recent start up company. You could contact the company for more info?

If it was me and if the 10yr warranty is an important part of buying, best make sure it is backed by a company with a good long reputation or that it is underwritten otherwise.

Post edited at 20:44
 Snyggapa 31 Dec 2021
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

> If it was me and if the 10yr warranty is an important part of buying, best make sure it is backed by a company with a good long reputation or that it is underwritten otherwise.

or pay by credit card and then the credit card company should be jointly liable in event that they vanish (assuming small print doesn't get in the way)

James Malloch 01 Jan 2022
In reply to Ciro:

I’ve seen them used on some vans, but no idea on the quality.

Sterling have one for under a grand too, but they only have a 5yr warranty..

https://sterling-power.com/products/lithium-batteries?variant=4049385111570...

nikoid 01 Jan 2022
In reply to Ciro:

Well Scotty doesn't seem to think much of this type of battery:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaBr8NtJYDo&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...