"Green"- priorities Boris doesn't get?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MargieB 01 Jul 2020

what is Boris Johnson  implying in his speech yesterday?

Trevers 01 Jul 2020
In reply to MargieB:

Whatever it is he said, he's lying.

Drexciyan 01 Jul 2020
In reply to MargieB:

he's implying we're all idiots

nikoid 01 Jul 2020
In reply to MargieB:

Does it matter?

toad 01 Jul 2020
In reply to Trevers:

> Whatever it is he said, he's lying.

Were his lips moving?

toad 01 Jul 2020
In reply to MargieB:

The newt counting comment was just a fatuous dog whistle to his fanbase. And shows the contempt for EU and environmental regulations in British planning law.

Of course the legislation was partly drafted and enacted by his father, Stanley 

OP MargieB 01 Jul 2020
In reply to toad:

Didn't know that. But I assumed that environmental assessment was going to be whittled down in the planning laws. How green can be environmentally exclusive beats me. But I don't know the detail.

I thought other issues would be improving old housing stick as regards insulation.

And renewable energy grants for houses to replace CO2 heating systems. Current system worst it has been, I think, as regards feed in tariffs.

LeeWood 01 Jul 2020
In reply to MargieB:

In the capitalist model everything is possible - if profits can be made. But green priorities call for an end to endless growth. Which is why this government can never do the right thing. 

Doug 01 Jul 2020
In reply to toad:

how many of his fanbase would get the reference to the Habitats Directive ? And as you say, ironic that his dad played such an important part it getting the directive adopted back in 1992

toad 02 Jul 2020
In reply to Doug:

have now! Thanks

OP MargieB 10 Jul 2020
In reply to Doug:

Will pedestrianisation of our cities be at small green fallout of Covid 19? Inverness is in the process of doing this and I can't wait.

But are other cities taking advantage?

Was the recently announced green housing insulation grant system enough of an allocation of money?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...