Good news: Mam and the lung cancer thing...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ThunderCat 05 Dec 2021

Great news it seems!!!!!!!!!!  Mam had an x-ray and an appointment a few days ago with the oncologist, just ahead of her third round of chemotherapy (tomorrow) and she says they are extremely pleased with the reduction in size of the growths - an amazing decrease in the size from before the treatment started.

Naturally we're all buzzing and bouncing around the room.  

I just though I'd share, and thank everyone again who has offered support, knowledge and direction (both on the forum and off) and helped me through a really, really dark few months.

We're under absolutely no illusion that this is the end of the road and this is never going to go away, only be kept under control.  But we don't care.  It's a f*8cking great piece of news and I feel obliged to shout about it as loud as I can and as often as I can.  

I'm on top of the world at the moment.  I'm even looking for the obligatory dislike from my random disliker   I love you all, dislikers, covid conspiracists, the lot.  You're a great bunch,

abr1966 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Pleased for you mate, have a great evening...!

Duncan Bourne 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Good news for you. May it continue to go well

mountainbagger 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

> We're under absolutely no illusion that this is the end of the road and this is never going to go away, only be kept under control.  But we don't care. 

Great attitude. You can't undo the original news, so this is fantastic and literally the best possible news! Really pleased for you. Fingers crossed the positive surprises continue!

elsewhere 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Fantastic!

Sealwife 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Fabulous news

Timmd 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

I'm very pleased for you.

Post edited at 19:28
 3 Names 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Very happy for you and your mum.

minimike 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Smashing! Absolutely love it when I hear about this kind of thing. Got a big grin on me mug. Not as big as yours I’ll warrant…!!

really pleased for you both

OP ThunderCat 05 Dec 2021
In reply to minimike:

> Smashing! Absolutely love it when I hear about this kind of thing. Got a big grin on me mug. Not as big as yours I’ll warrant…!!

> really pleased for you both

Emotions all over the place mate. All good obviously but still more manic than usual. Killing some time in a hotel room in Sunderland before I take her for her 3rd chemo session tomorrow so lots of reflection time about the whole thing. It's been a blur. A lot of good things have come out of it. A lot of reconnecting with people I love and miss, that were lost over the last 20 years due to stupid fall outs. You've got to get something good out of any situation. A massive kick in my head to put the important things first and make sure my grand kids see a lot more of their Sunderland granny. 😂

RobAJones 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Great news. Amazingly I've just got off the phone with a friend who has just had almost identical news about his wife. 

Bobling 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Great news TC, I was the disliker, just thought I'd really make your day!

OP ThunderCat 05 Dec 2021
In reply to Bobling:

> Great news TC, I was the disliker, just thought I'd really make your day!

Day made. 😂. The person I suspected of being my actual phantom disliker seems to have unregistered themselves from the forum! 

Bottom Clinger 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Great news indeed. 

profitofdoom 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Thanks for posting, great news, and all the best as always

girlymonkey 05 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Super! 😊

And the longer it's kept under control, the better the chance of improved treatments being discovered in time to help her!

My father in law has Leukemia, and it has been "cured" and relapsed several times. This time it relapsed, a treatment which was in trials when he was first diagnosed has now been approved and it much kinder than chemo and should allow him a fairly normal length of life now. So the brutal batting back with chemo previously was well worth it. 

Delighted form you all and best wishes as you move forward together 🙂

Michael Hood 06 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

That's really great to hear, long may it continue.

It sounds like this experience has brought your family closer together - what a beautiful secondary benefit.

Dax H 06 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

What excellent news, very pleased for you and your mum.

Also what a great thing to wake up and read on a Monday morning. Hopefully it will set the tone for the week. 

bouldery bits 06 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

That is just wonderful.

didntcomelast 08 Dec 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

That’s excellent news mate. Taking every bit of good news and using it to suppress the less good aspects of cancer treatment is the way forward.  Until one of the doctors says “you’re going to die.” You have to reinforce the fact that your mam is going to live and make the most of every waking moment. 

Make sure you have a great Christmas as a family. It will be more emotional than normal but I suspect more memorable too. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...