Getting a spare part from Germany ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 04 Aug 2022

Obscure UKC question 456 b , but I think there are a couple of people on here who may know the answers .  I m looking at a secondhand espresso machine on eBay that was made in Germany . It may go relatively cheaply because it needs a part replaced . To order the part through official channels will apparently take several weeks , I’m guessing , ( but need to check ) that the part is available ( the manufacture is very reputable)  so this is down to customs formalities .  So my question is    What if a friend in Germany bought the part , unboxed it  and just posted into me with sone kind of covering letter attached . Would the part get through or would it he held just the same as of it came officially ?

jimtitt 04 Aug 2022
In reply to mike123:

All post goes through customs anyway, the formalities are simple enough though. Your friend just goes to the post office and grabs the sticky label for parcels outside the EU, fills it out and away it goes. Important that they write Great Britain NOT U.K. as they are different for tax purposes (it'll be sent to Northern Ireland first).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...