German TV comedy. Brexit etc. Enjoy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 07 Feb 2020
In reply to ian caton:

I quite enjoyed that. And quite accurate with their satirical observations.

Who said that the Germans can't be more racist than us?

Wyn 07 Feb 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Given their history, nobody!

McHeath 07 Feb 2020
In reply to Wyn:

You still stuck in the 1940s then? 

Timmd 08 Feb 2020
In reply to ian caton: Depressingly accurate. 

AllanMac 08 Feb 2020
In reply to ian caton:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us

To see oursels as ithers see us

The Lemming 08 Feb 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Hitler got a mention.

tehmarks 10 Feb 2020
In reply to Wyn:

Can Godwin's Law be invoked by implicit reference? If so, congratulations on a record time!

RomTheBear 10 Feb 2020
In reply to ian caton:

Mild giggles. Not very good.

But you do know you have to worry when bad quality German TV is more factually accurate than British mainstream newspapers.

Post edited at 08:30
Wyn 13 Feb 2020
In reply to tehmarks:

> Can Godwin's Law be invoked by implicit reference? If so, congratulations on a record time!

Implied by whom?  I was mainly thinking of Bismarck's attempts at the Germanisation of ethnic minorities.  Although possibly comparable to the Highland "Clearances" or the attempts of the church in Wales to curtail the use of the Welsh language.  I will leave that for you to decide which is most racist. Winking Emoji.

Funny sketch show though, I liked it.  We could with more of this kind of thing on UK TV.  Where is Spitting Image when we need it most?

Post edited at 11:19
 Tom Valentine 13 Feb 2020
In reply to Wyn:

The jibe about Britain having to "bow down" to Germany yet again was especially hilarious, worthy of Mel Brooks's Franz Liebkind.

Post edited at 11:51
Wyn 13 Feb 2020
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I found it quite 'educational'.  I had never seen the articles in the Daily Heil (See what I did there?) regarding avocados and baby bumps.  Quite disgraceful.

knillmic 17 Feb 2020
In reply to ian caton:

there's something peculiar about german humour, even in their comedy they still manage to be pedantic. maybe it's just that show.

jimtitt 17 Feb 2020
In reply to knillmic:

Political satire isn't comedy, particularly when the chosen format is replicating the main news at 10 which the Heute Show directly follows.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...