Gas plumbing question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 19 Sep 2020

I am slowly getting around to thinking about maybe planning to add gas to my van and have an odd question:

All the appliances in the van have to be fixed using rigid pipework and suitable 'permanent' connectors (compression fittings etc), to meet the gas regs you can't have flexible hose inside the van apart from in the gas box. I have a gas bbq which runs on the same gas at the same pressure as the other appliances I was looking at and rather than take a separate gas bottle (I am probably going to fit an under body tank) can I use a suitably rated quick connect and a flexible hose to feed the BBQ which won't be used in the van?

So the question is: Will a fixed gas installation which includes a quick connect outlet pass a gas safe inspection?

kevin stephens 19 Sep 2020
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Do a search on campervan forums. You can buy and fit a bbq socket to the outside of your van to which you can use a flexible hose to feed you bbq (obviously not using it IN your van)

OP Reach>Talent 19 Sep 2020
In reply to kevin stephens:

That is great thanks.

Just had a Google - a lot of the kits have air line fittings on, can you actually get away with that? 

Post edited at 22:08

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...