Garmin VivoFit Junior

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 26 Feb 2021

Put in here, rather than the running or training fora.

My daughters have somehow discovered these watches (I think one of their friends at school has got one) and really, really want one.

My wife is considering buying them one as a reward for being so good with home schooling, but I'm not sure they need one at their age and think it's probably Garmin just trying to cash in.

Has anyone got them for their kids? Thoughts?

Thanks,

girlymonkey 26 Feb 2021
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I'm not sure which model but my friend got some kids ones for his wee ones. They seem to like them. I don't know much about them other than they seem happy with them

gazhbo 26 Feb 2021

don’t know how old your kids are but I got a fourfit for my ten year old for her birthday, partly because some of the other girls on her football team had them. It’s not a great product to be honest but after some correspondence with their customer care team it now works.  I imagine the garmins are better.  

I was a bit apprehensive and worried about my daughter getting obsessed with her steps etc but she actually just uses it as a watch, and occasionally to tell me how far she’s gone.

No one needs that sort of thing at any age, and obviously garmin are trying to cash in, but I don’t think they’re that bad.  I’d rather she had a watch than a phone!

Sealwife 26 Feb 2021

I don’t know how old your daughter is, but I bought fitbit watches for my 16 and almost 18 year old daughters for Xmas.

They wear them every day and have definitely been encouraged to exercise more since getting them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...