Forum issues.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 22 Apr 2021

I get this message (screenshot below) when I click on certain thread. Anyone know why? Started to happen when ‘things changed’ yesterday. 

In reply to chris_r:

Nope, problem still there. 

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Which topic is this for? can you send the link please

Toerag 22 Apr 2021

I get it for the Stairlift thread. https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/off_belay/stair_lift_advice_1000pounds_to...

I'm pretty sure I had it open during the time of the upgrades. I've tried logging out and clearing the cache using the link above (which did seem to clear the cache as the list of topics dropped right down).

In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Just logged out and logged back in and the problem has gone. 

Toerag 22 Apr 2021
In reply to Toerag:

Update - this has fixed itself now with a refresh, as has another thread I had the problem on.

It still looks like just a cache issue, but not sure why its so persistent
It may be worth clearing your browser cache.

Should only be affecting threads you opened in the short window the bug was live yesterday morning. 

I'm presuming it works for you on a different browser?

Separate issue, but the forum icons aren't appearing next to the thread titles using waterfox. Could be a cache thing but I haven't had any success clearing it. Might just have to use a less esoteric browser I suppose...

In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Just downloaded Waterfox and it seems to be working here. Is it all up to date?

Yeah, all updated. Tried clearing various things but issue remains even with private window, container tab etc.
Fine with all other browsers. If you can't replicate it must be something my end. Thanks all the same

Edit: Sorted it. Not sure how.

Post edited at 14:07
In reply to captain paranoia:

Nope

All seems ok now. Ta 

Greenbanks 22 Apr 2021

You're getting this message as a default, to indicate that you're sp[ending far too much time on here...Take the rest of the day off and it'll re-set itself

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...