For The Avoidance of Doubt - The Gates Foundation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 20 Nov 2020

I don't suppose this will get very much publicity - nothing compared to the conspiracy theories anyway - but this may be worth a read. It addresses the shock, horror that the Gates foundation invests in Big Pharma, published in the Optimist, the Foundations' weekly newsletter: 

"Did the foundation have any role in the development of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine?

No, we did not invest directly in either Pfizer or BioNTech for their COVID-19 vaccine. The companies took on the risk for the R&D themselves.

That said, we do have an ongoing partnership with BioNtech. In September 2019, we invested $55 million in their company because we thought that the mRNA technology they were developing had great potential and broad applicability to fighting global infectious diseases like TB and HIV. So we wanted to help build their capacity to work on HIV immunotherapies and TB vaccines. These types of program-related investments are a really important tool we can use to help companies to take on risk and to work in neglected areas where there is not a large market. Even during the pandemic, they have continued that work—they have remained amazingly committed to HIV and TB and have been fantastic partners throughout this year despite being very busy with COVID-19. It should be noted that all profit made from any foundation investment is spent on a charitable purpose."

I don't suppose this will convince the foil hat brigade though.

Post edited at 14:03
 Alkis 20 Nov 2020
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> I don't suppose this will convince the foil hat brigade though.

Yeah, rather the opposite, for them this will literally be the smoking gun.

Post edited at 14:01

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...