Films about Sport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greenbanks 06 Apr 2020

Good list this - might help with the isolation...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/52072024

earlsdonwhu 06 Apr 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

I recently watched Der Streif about the Kitzbuhl downhill and found it quite compelling. It was on Amazon Prime. As someone who might be described as a decent skier, it was another realisation that the top pros are a million miles away from what I do! Some of the summer training routines were brutal. Rather like saying that you are a climber and go to the wall a couple of times a week........ But then seeing Ondra perform at a completely different level.

Post edited at 10:28
 Blue Straggler 06 Apr 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

Very nice list, good to see some of my favourites (Breaking Away, and outside the list, an end comment mentioning Slap Shot) and some overlooked ones (the recent Battle of the Sexes and to some extent I, Tonya didn't really do as well as they should - the former sort of came and went without a whimper)

I'd have put a comment into the "artistic licence" section of Senna regarding how - as great as it was - it is rather one-sided in how it paints Alain Prost as some sort of "bad guy", and pays only lip service to most of the other drivers. 

Can't believe the list includes "Wimbledon" though!

OP Greenbanks 06 Apr 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

Nice to see that peerless sporting film 'Cool Runnings' listed....

Pedro50 06 Apr 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

Gregory's Girl

Enjoyed Bull Durham at the time, probably rubbish now, some things best left in the past

Blue Straggler 11 Apr 2020
In reply to Greenbanks:

Bumping the thread 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...