Ewan Lyons’ obituary

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 08 Apr 2020

Here is an obituary to Ewan:

http://www.scottishwinter.com

This is a follow up to the now locked previous thread:

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/off_belay/sad_news_-_captain_solo_rip-717...

Fitting tribute

Sean Kelly 08 Apr 2020
In reply to French Erick:

Hindmost Ridge, well that was an overlooked gem of a route, most likely because of its remoteness in winter unless the track is bikeable.

Good write-up.

OP French Erick 08 Apr 2020
In reply to Sean Kelly:

The latest is at the top of the page and should be about Ewan Lyons and was posted by Simon on April 8th 2020 for future reference.

rogerwebb 09 Apr 2020

> Here is an obituary to Ewan:

> Fitting tribute

Just bumping this back up for any who missed it

ontour 10 Apr 2020

Great tribute. 

Very sad news. As was mentioned in the tribute, he was a proper climber who knew what it was all about.

I just remembered the stash of tennent's lager that was we used to help ourselves to, it was up near the top of the forest on the walk down from the Ben. After big winter days we would crack one open and shoot the breeze. 

Thinking of Karen and the rest of the family. 

Post edited at 15:37
 Colin Moody 11 Apr 2020
In reply to ontour:

> Great tribute. 

Yes.

First time I met Ewan and Karen was at Ardtun one evening after I had finished work. I never see climbers after work on Mull so the chance meeting was great and Ewan was very keen.

We did two routes, then they rescued their tent which was going to get swamped by a very high tide.

Ewan called his route ‘Flotsam and Jetsam, mine was ‘High tide and Green Grass’ which I think is a Rolling Stones album.

We had another evening a few years later when he led both routes. He also helped me out with a guidebook diagram.

Sad time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...