Every picture tells a story - Boris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I found this item rather intriguing this evening. The story may have a back story but the main picture is very interesting. Boris - centre stage shaking hands with Sir Mark Sedwill as he steps down. Boris looks tidy - Hmmm - he also looks uneasy. And the happy clappers on the left are in contrast to Cummings (I think it is him) on the right just praying that Pinky doesn't make a gaff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53210773

bouldery bits 28 Jun 2020
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Dom looks like he's got loads of mates.

Bacon Butty 28 Jun 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

Is he stood next to the bullshit fan?

oldbloke 28 Jun 2020

Think that's an old photo from months ago - maybe election time or around then.

In reply to oldbloke:

I'm not sure you need big AC fans in December...

Cummstains there to make sure he goes. Wearing a t-shirt to show how much he respects the civil service...

oldbloke 29 Jun 2020
In reply to captain paranoia:

Now you made me look it up!  July 2019 when Boris Johnson became PM.

So the photo nothing to do with Sedwill going, but Cummings was probably just waiting to get started given what came next.

La benya 29 Jun 2020

I believe that this photo was 'exposed' as a set up by Cummings to foster the illusion that he is outside the establishment and is capable of bringing the change that he has promised.  I trying to find the article i read, but i believe it has an account from one of the people in the room which said Cummings was standing with everyone else and chatting away, as soon as the photo op presented himself he moved away. 

Trevers 29 Jun 2020
In reply to La benya:

The Cummings we all know and love...

Post edited at 16:10
In reply to oldbloke:

> So the photo nothing to do with Sedwill going

That's very poor reporting, then; using an old photo without making it clear. Especially as it shows Johnson shaking hands. Now, much as I despise Johnson, I wouldn't want him attacked on the basis of 'fake news'; there are plenty of 'genuine news' reasons to tear him a new one...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...