Euston pubs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pullhard 03 Oct 2019

Any decent real ale or hipster beer pubs around Euston station? which are affordable for a northern tightarse! 

XXXX 03 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

> Any decent real ale or hipster beer pubs around Euston station?

Euston tap

> which are affordable for a northern tightarse! 

No

OP Pullhard 03 Oct 2019
In reply to XXXX:

Excellent thanks 

dread-i 04 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

Look around Drummond st, next door to Euston. Lots of good curry houses as well.

Greenbanks 04 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

Sadly, as I've mentioned here before, one of the best real-ale places fell into the hands of the HS2 extravaganza. Preserving it alone would offset any 'drawbacks' of not having the infernal high-speed link in the first place 

Ramblin dave 04 Oct 2019
In reply to Greenbanks:

Have to admit, I always found the beer at the Bree Louise hit and miss. Dozens of handpulls but you had about a one in three chance that the one you ordered would have turned into overpriced vinegar from having been on too long / dodgy cellaring. Good pies, though.

I'd agree with The Euston Tap - very close to the station, good for hipster beer and probably some opportunities to say "ow much?" at the price of things, although the cask tends to be relatively cheap for London. The Resting Hare is nearby and fairly decent if you want something slightly more pubby.

Post edited at 09:39
 Offwidth 04 Oct 2019
In reply to Ramblin dave:

Thats twaddle. Any pint thats off they would change (as any pub should). I drank regularly there based on its quality and convenience to the railway and only ever had two bad pints and had both changed without quaetion. The prices there didn't exactly break the bank either. The Bree Louise will be sadly missed.

OP Pullhard 05 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

Tap proved to be a great pub, £7 for pint and bag of crisps 😦

seankenny 05 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

If it makes it easier, think of it as buying the beer and crisps, and then renting somewhere to sit/stand in central London.

earlsdonwhu 05 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

I found the background music so loud that conversation was impossible in The Tap.

StockportAl 05 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

I default to the Tap when at Euston. Got really lucky last time I was there when a couple bought two pints of porter and then decided they didn't like porter and offered them to me, yes people in London can be kind and friendly. Took a while to work out which one it was from the beer list. It was a 10% one, and it did feel like I'd downed a bottle of wine after finishing them.

Dark-Cloud 07 Oct 2019
In reply to Pullhard:

The Rocket just down the road towards Kings Cross is OK, as already mentioned the Crown and Anchor up on the corner of Drummond is OK too after gorging yourself on the Indian Vegetarian Buffet at the Diwana Bhel Poori House just down he road

Post edited at 12:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...