Email weirdness (Outlook)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Morning all IT experts.

I have been using Outlook - on a home desktop - for my Yahoo (Sky) email for years and have never changed the password.  All of a sudden it has stopped connected to the servers on the other side saying that the password is incorrect. 

I have reset my password to be sure and whilst I can still get emails on my two phone clients - Samsung S8 and S10 - I still can't get access on my desktop. I can log in via the web without issue too.

Any thoughts?

Luke90 27 Jan 2020
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Seems likely that the desktop client was set up to use an older security standard that Sky have now retired. They probably publish recommended settings on their website, or you could look at the settings on one of the phones and copy those.

In reply to Luke90:

> Seems likely that the desktop client was set up to use an older security standard that Sky have now retired. They probably publish recommended settings on their website, or you could look at the settings on one of the phones and copy those.

Thanks.  

Apparently Yahoo no longer supports Office 2016 and recommend upgrading to 2019 or O365.  I did this earlier and no change so I got on to MS and they had a crack at it and couldnt fix so I'm in a bit of limbo until the issues is more understood.

Luke90 27 Jan 2020
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

When you upgraded to the new version of Outlook, did you try starting from scratch with adding the account as per the instructions on Sky's website? Or were you trying to tweak the existing settings to get it working again?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...