Email address for Ordnance Survey & Natural England

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Left the forums 12 Apr 2015
Hi,

Can anyone provide an email address for the above orgs.

Query is about open access (or not) land in SW England. Trying to find out what the correct position is regarding land shown on OS maps as open access but not on N.E. maps. Land is managed by Forestry Commission but under a private lease (I believe).

Due to nature of inquiry I'd prefer a written response rather than a phone conversation, but can't seem to find email addresses by using google.

Thanks
Andy
 Shani 12 Apr 2015
Enquiries team

Natural England
Block B, Government Buildings, Whittington Road
Worcester
WR5 2LQ

Emailenquiries@naturalengland.org.uk

Telephone0300 060 3900

Opening times: 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
 Shani 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy 976853:
Ordnance Survey are at:

Head office address:
Explorer House
Adanac Drive
Southampton
SO16 0AS

Ordnance Survey contact point:

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/contact/
Post edited at 19:00
In reply to Shani:
Thanks Shani,

Just need OS email address now

Online contact for OS means I can't copy all parties in or keep a copy for my records (defense...).
Post edited at 19:00
 Shani 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy 976853:

If you use that contact link they might email you back (or simply use the link to ask for an email address).
 Bulls Crack 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy 976853:

Open.Access@naturalengland.org.uk is the direct email although the enquiries one will get there too.

Did you get to the .GOV pages? https://www.gov.uk/right-of-way-open-access-land/use-your-right-to-roam

I'm interested since we're checking how effective these pages are...and yes, I know, they're not great!
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Yes I did get to the .gov pages, these were helpful in understanding my rights if I was on open access land and did lead me to the Natural England maps.

My problem is that (as far as I know) the OS map shows the area as open access whilst the NE maps don't. Don't want to go into details of things as I'm not sure how the incident will progress - I'd rather email NE/OS/FC and get their combined response as to whether I had a right to be on the land or not. Reason for trying to get a combined response is that if I contact the individual orgs I fully expect to get an 'off the shelf response' unless I can convey that I need a more detailed response.

Never felt more like a Serf before

Bulls Crack 13 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy 976853:

I apologise on behalf of the entire civil service

Sometimes the NE maps need updating re: CROW S16 dedications but I'd usually expect the OS to take the info from 'our' maps
 ebygomm 13 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy 976853:

Rights of way marked on OS maps are not definitive and I'd expect that to be the case for Access Land also.
Left the forums 14 Apr 2015
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Didn't mean to attack the entire civil service .

I was upset about the way I had been treated for walking somewhere I thought I had a right to be, it ruined an otherwise excellent day out. Apology for how I was treated has been received and I'll now be more careful about arguing about my rights... The civil service can rest in peace .

We live and learn...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...