El Camino (may contain spoilers)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Babika 27 Oct 2019

Apparently 25 million watched it in the first week - what did you think? 

For me, not as good as BB but an enjoyable couple of hours. Actors are all older and fatter (Todd - didn't Vince ask you to lose a few pounds?) which made the continuity a bit weird but it was lovely to be reunited with old friends and enemies. 

Cinematography as brilliant as always and some genuine knife edge moments. I didn't see how Jesse was going to win that shoot out until my other half reminded me that Mike taught him how to draw fast and keep a secret second.....

Lovely ending - Jesse in a turtleneck sweater. Sweet. 

Apparently they recorded a voiceover of Jesse's letter to Brock to finish but it ended up on the cutting room floor.

Probably for the best - I would have been blubbing.

Tom Valentine 27 Oct 2019
In reply to Babika:

Watched it without any knowledge of Breaking Bad. As a stand alone it doesn't really work. I was hoping the car would be more in evidence.

In reply to Babika:

I enjoyed it but didn't think it was brilliant. It didn't help that I watched BB years ago and so probably missed a few links. It started brilliantly, but I felt it slightly lost it's way For example the welder connection was lost on me. I didn't recall him from BB. Also the search for the vacuum guy was lost on me, until he found him and then it fell into place. 

Probably more my fault than the movie to be fair..glad I watched it though.

TMM 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Babika:

An easy two hours re-acquainting myself with the characters having watched the whole BB saga twice.

My yardstick for success though was whether this could be enjoyed a stand along film and I am not convinced it could be. Well acted, great cinematography but the whole storyline relied to on the audience having an in depth knowledge of all that had previously passed. It felt like a piece of well done fan fiction.

Viewed as an extended episode or epilogue it worked just fine. As a stand alone film not so much.

OP Babika 28 Oct 2019
In reply to TMM:

Glad I'm not the only one that's watched BB twice! 

And you're right, it wouldn't work as a stand alone film. Its really just an indulgence for those of us who have fallen in love with Aaron Paul/Jesse and want to take him home and look after him 

But this emotional pull is central to so much of BB and its why its so successful. We all think "what if that were me, how would I react?"

felt 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Babika:

I'd have liked to have seen a lot more of Mike, but maybe he was dead, in which case not.

In reply to felt:

> I'd have liked to have seen a lot more of Mike, but maybe he was dead, in which case not.

Considering his death you probably got more Mike than you might have expected!

felt 28 Oct 2019
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

I can't remember what happened to him in BB. He's great in BCS.

OP Babika 29 Oct 2019
In reply to felt:

Walt shot him when he went to deliver his escape package and money that he'd hidden.

He died diwn by the river and we nwxt see him and Todd with one of the famous plastic barrels and hydrochloric acid..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...