Double buttered toast!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graeme G 19 Nov 2020

I’m not a fan of Nigella so this made me laugh and cheered up my otherwise melancholy mood. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/foodanddrink/2020/11/18/nigella-lawson-butte...

john arran 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

I've been doing something similar for years!

Always seems a shame when all the butter has melted, so if it goes uneaten long enough for that to happen, I'll put more on

Flinticus 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

That's how I've always buttered mine! But with salted butter usually.

And, if possible, only toasted one side.

Hmmmmmmm

nikoid 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

When we were watching the other night the mad witch was chopping up fish fingers and cooking them in a wok with some other stuff! I couldn't believe what I was watching. Quite funny though.

coinneach 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

I do enjoy a wee bit of toast with my butter!

aln 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

> But with salted butter usually.

Then according to the spawn of Lawson you're doing it wrong. Use unsalted butter.....then put salt on it. But only sea salt, your sodium chloride shouldn't come from anywhere else. 

aln 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

I had a girlfriend in the 80's who used to toast bread, butter it, salt it, put cheese on it, grill the cheese, then butter and salt the whole thing. 

Chopper 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

May have been an urban myth but didn't Fanny Haddock try to tell people that there was a

right way and wrong way to boil water?

(What's the difference between Fanny Craddock and a cross cointry run?

A cross country run is a pant in the country😂)

Post edited at 18:38
OP Graeme G 19 Nov 2020
In reply to aln:

> I had a girlfriend in the 80's who used to toast bread, butter it, salt it, put cheese on it, grill the cheese, then butter and salt the whole thing. 

OMG, Is she still alive? 

Timmd 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

That's what I was wondering. 

I've never heard of such a thing.

Post edited at 18:57
 toad 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

Was she from Leicester? Home of the cheesy chip cob. With butter obvs 

aln 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

> OMG, Is she still alive? 

She died when she was 47.

OP Graeme G 19 Nov 2020
In reply to aln:

> She died when she was 47.

S***. Wish I hadn’t asked now. I feel bad.

I was hoping you didn’t know......

aln 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

> S***. Wish I hadn’t asked now. I feel bad.

> I was hoping you didn’t know......

An old mutual friend came round to give me the news. As soon as he left I opened a bottle of cava. This was coincidental, but............. 

aln 19 Nov 2020
In reply to Timmd:

> I've never heard of such a thing.

Neither had I. It was ludicrously fatty salty tasty if you were in the right herbally induced mood. Much like the butter fried buttery cheese sandwich she also favoured. 

gethin_allen 20 Nov 2020
In reply to aln:

Can't be any worse for you than the deep fried butter on a stick that they eat in America.

Tom Valentine 20 Nov 2020
In reply to john arran:

I let the toast cool a bit so the butter lingers unmelted a bit longer. Completely the opposite with crumpets, though.

Post edited at 08:46
In reply to aln:

I find it a bit odd that lots of people put salt on their dripping .

In reply to Graeme G:

Talking of weird toast methods... at uni there were signs everywhere in our halls to not put butter on bread and THEN put it in the toaster... 

They only appeared in our halls and the only thing different to other halls was ours housed the Malaysian foreign students... so not sure if it's a Malaysian thing??

dread-i 20 Nov 2020
In reply to aln:

> I had a girlfriend in the 80's who used to toast bread, butter it, salt it, put cheese on it, grill the cheese, then butter and salt the whole thing. 

My father in law, fries bacon in cheese when we're camping. The cheese melts and the fat is enough to fry and some of the cheese bits sorta caramelize. As a vegetarian I'm both repulsed and in reverence, of such a concoction.

The Americans do things like cheese fried chicken or steak, but they would, wouldn't they.

Removed User 20 Nov 2020
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

A lot of Asian cultures don't really do butter - so maybe that is the reason for the signage.

Many years ago, I had a hilarious exchange with a Chinese colleague during my PhD studies in which I had to dismantle my cheese sandwich one lunchtime to try and explain to him the difference between butter and cheese!

Post edited at 09:35
 aln 20 Nov 2020
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I find it odd that anyone ever eats dripping. 

Cobra_Head 20 Nov 2020
In reply to Graeme G:

"The minute is comes out of the toaster I spread it" fnar fnar!!

Cobra_Head 20 Nov 2020
In reply to aln:

> I find it odd that anyone ever eats dripping. 

Why? It's just fat, the same as butter, but it has more flavour.

In reply to Removed User:

That's a good point. I always presumed they maybe didn't do toasters.... but it may have been the butter (or both)

In reply to aln:

I thought the same about bone marrow till I tried it in a Parisian restaurant 

wercat 20 Nov 2020
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Some people have the horrors about tongue - I seem to remember it being a regular for Sunday tea.  I've managed to get my wife to eat lamb's liver but she'll not go near kidneys

kedvenc72 20 Nov 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

pure filfth!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...