Disease control

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 27 Jan 2020

I was googling stuff about nCoV  as well as Ebola (just wondering about the outbreak in The COngo which has fallen out of the news).

The US has the CDC and we have / had the ECDC, an agency of the EU set up to combat infectious diseases.

WHat will we have after Jan (or is that December?)? a UKCDC operating on its own?

wbo2 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Flinticus: Control of your own borders   

neilh 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

There is a transition period until end of December this year...so nothing has been agreed and it is carry on as is for the time being.

summo 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

Public health England or health protection agency. Obviously it's important to create a new fancy name for better acronyms. Hard to imagine, but the UK probably dealt with diseases before the eu came along, so I doubt much will change at all. As proved already disease doesn't respect borders, so global associations are the only way ahead such as WHO.

Post edited at 15:31
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

Public Health England

Rob Parsons 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Public Health England

I was wondering why it was 'Public Health England' rather than 'Public Health United Kingdom' - after all, what about the poor old jocks?

But I guess they didn't want PHUK as the acronym.

Yanis Nayu 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Ha! I never thought of that!

henwardian 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

>  what about the poor old jocks?

Health Protection Scotland.

I think.

Andy Johnson 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

> WHat will we have after Jan (or is that December?)? a UKCDC operating on its own?

We'll have Taken Back Control, so no need for these shifty foreign-sounding organisations. We're a Proud Island Nation™ and everyone knows viruses can't swim, so all will be well. Old maids will continue bicycling to holy communion through the morning mist, warm beer, cricket, etc.

Post edited at 18:20
 wercat 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Local viruses for Local people.  We'll have no trouble here.

RX-78 27 Jan 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

Obiously just treat as illegal immigrants so under UK border agency:

UK BADCAP border agency disease control and prevention.

Post edited at 19:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...